Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to register, add or remove users

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We’ve created this thread to help with online problems that may occur when registering, or managing your Sure Signal.

You need an online account so you can register and manage your Sure Signal.

You’ll receive a text as part of the registration process, which contains a security code. This code is only valid for 20 minutes.

We understand that if you own a Sure Signal, you’ll most likely have little or no coverage, so we recommend you register online when you know you’ll be able to receive the text.

Business customers:

If you’re a business customer you can’t register this via My Account and you need to visit Sure Signal for business. Just click ‘Register a Sure Signal’ and enter your company name as the owner and your mobile number as the administrator - this way you can still make any changes needed.

Consumer customers:

You’ll receive a text or email to confirm that the Sure Signal is fully registered.

Please note that problems can occur, if the number that’s registered as the Owner of the Sure Signal, is different than the main number registered for online billing.

Check for planned maintenance:

Check the forum for any planned maintenance. If there is, this will be announced at the top of the Sure Signal forum.

Planned maintenance can involve changes to the registration system, so wait for this to complete and then retry.

Pending active:

If your online account shows the Sure Signal as ‘Pending Active’, then post in this thread and we’ll look into it further.

All other issues:

If you have any other problems with your Sure Signal registration or management, just post the details below. We’ll need the following:

• Exact error message
  • Step by step instructions for how to recreate the issue
  • Operating system
  • Browser and browser version

Thanks, 

Jenny

848 REPLIES 848

Hi ajstevens,

Can you pop your Sure Signal serial number here for me so we can take a look for you?

Dave

Hi Dave

The Sure Signal serial number is 40120259987. It's a 2nd generation Sure Signal.

The phone in question is an iPhone 4.

Thanks

Alan

Hi ajstevens,

Thanks for the update here.

I can see that the number was added successfully and the Sure Signal has also updated on the server since the number was added.

Normally it can take up to 24 hours for the Sure Signal to pick up microSIM’s or nanoSIM’s from the network, although this should now be working for you.

To make sure that everything is up to date I have also performed a re-sync from this end for you, please let me know how you get on after this has been done.

James

Thanks, James. It's working now. I'd added the phone several times in the past and it didn't work after several days. Fine now.

Alan

jonforduk
4: Newbie
Hi, George,

Thank you.

No - this SHOULD be the main account. I purchased the Sure Signal as a consumer- it is mine. I just happen to use it for my corporate phone, mostly (too hard to justify a company purchase!!)

I wonder if I set up some other account when setting it up? Is there any way to tell?

jonforduk

Hi guys,

sKermi, it seems a bit strange that you're having to enter numbers in international format as I've never had to do this previously. If it works though, I'd recommend just sticking with that method.

austi, I think we're going to need to take a look at your profile here. Just reply to the email I've sent you and we'll be in touch as soon as we can :).

jonforduk, a very warm welcome to the eForum :). Which account are you accessing the Sure Signal via? It sounds like you're not logging into the Owner account of the Sure Signal. If you registered this with a Corporate account then you may need to arrange for the main account holder to grant ownership of the Sure Signal to your number.

George
eForum Team

jonforduk
(George - Oops - sorry about last reply - hit wrong button).

OK - so I think I've found part of the issue: need some help, please.

I think I may have registered the Sure Signal using a different PAYG number - one that has now lapsed. I have a record of the number, but I cannot get the portal to recognise it as a valid Vodafone number and give me the associated login info.

Can I re-register? I guess this is the same process as would be used for a second-hand purchase?

Thanks

(By the way - this comes about because you can't set up an account to manage a Sure Signal without giving a vodafone number; and of course, it will not accept my corporate number, so I had to use a family PAYG number....)

Retired-Reidar
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hello Jonforduk and thanks for getting back

I suspect we'll need to take a closer look at this, that way we can see the actual registered number and work around a solution.

Please reply to the email I am sending and we'll get to it as soon as possible.

Thanks

Reidar :ph34r:

eForum Team

jonforduk

Hello Jonforduk and thanks for getting back

I suspect we'll need to take a closer look at this, that way we can see the actual registered number and work around a solution.

Please reply to the email I am sending and we'll get to it as soon as possible.

Thanks

Reidar :ph34r:

eForum Team

Hi - I have not received an email yet - do I need to make it visible in my profile?

Thanks

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi jonforduk,

I'm not quite sure what's happened to the original email so I've sent you another one. If it doesn't arrive then please check your junk mail folder. If it's not there then let me know.

George
eForum Team