Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to register, add or remove users

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We’ve created this thread to help with online problems that may occur when registering, or managing your Sure Signal.

You need an online account so you can register and manage your Sure Signal.

You’ll receive a text as part of the registration process, which contains a security code. This code is only valid for 20 minutes.

We understand that if you own a Sure Signal, you’ll most likely have little or no coverage, so we recommend you register online when you know you’ll be able to receive the text.

Business customers:

If you’re a business customer you can’t register this via My Account and you need to visit Sure Signal for business. Just click ‘Register a Sure Signal’ and enter your company name as the owner and your mobile number as the administrator - this way you can still make any changes needed.

Consumer customers:

You’ll receive a text or email to confirm that the Sure Signal is fully registered.

Please note that problems can occur, if the number that’s registered as the Owner of the Sure Signal, is different than the main number registered for online billing.

Check for planned maintenance:

Check the forum for any planned maintenance. If there is, this will be announced at the top of the Sure Signal forum.

Planned maintenance can involve changes to the registration system, so wait for this to complete and then retry.

Pending active:

If your online account shows the Sure Signal as ‘Pending Active’, then post in this thread and we’ll look into it further.

All other issues:

If you have any other problems with your Sure Signal registration or management, just post the details below. We’ll need the following:

• Exact error message
  • Step by step instructions for how to recreate the issue
  • Operating system
  • Browser and browser version

Thanks, 

Jenny

848 REPLIES 848

Hi  James

I dont know if you or any of you collegues have made any changes to my account but all my phones now have a full 3g signal.

so thank you if you have fixed it and please dont make  any changes if you haven't made any changes.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your post advising your phones are now receiving a 3G signal, it's great news :Smiling:

Should you have any further questions in the future, you know where to find us.

Thanks

Andy

tdevon
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Cannot get my new I phone 4 to connect to sure signal , have kept the same number. Spoken to customer services and nothing has worked. The other numbers are working fine

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi tdevon

Thank you for your post and a very warm welcome to the eForum. :smileyhappy:

First thing I need to check is that the iPhone 4 you are looking to connect is on the Vodafone Network and does the iPhone 4 pick up signal normally when you are out and about.

Please could you post your serial number and we will take a look at this end, in the meantime please could you take a look at our SureSignal Troubleshooting thread and post any results back here.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Afternoon,

Just got my Sure Signal box and is working a treat with my new iphone.

Trying to add another user but getting the following error message:

Error invoking portlet "VAPGatewayController"

The source of this error is:

com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: Internal Server Error: null; nested exception is: 
	javax.servlet.ServletException.; nested exception is: 
	com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: null; nested exception is: 
	javax.servlet.ServletException
	at com.bea.wsrp.FaultInstanceFactory.<clinit>(FaultInstanceFactory.java:44)
	at com.bea.wsrp.proxy.ProxyBase.raiseFault(ProxyBase.java:563)
	at com.bea.wsrp.proxy.ProxyBase.invoke(ProxyBase.java:464)
	at $Proxy64.getMarkup(Unknown Source)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.GetMarkupService.invoke(GetMarkupService.java:49)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.GetMarkupService.invoke(GetMarkupService.java:37)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.AbstractMarkupService.invoke(AbstractMarkupService.java:156)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.AbstractMarkupService.invoke(AbstractMarkupService.java:135)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.MarkupServicesFacade.invoke(MarkupServicesFacade.java:42)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.controls.ProxyPortletContent.invokeGetMarkup(ProxyPortletContent.java:665)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.controls.ProxyPortletContent.beginRender(ProxyPortletContent.java:318)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlLifecycle$7.visit(ControlLifecycle.java:486)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:530)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:541)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:541)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walk(ControlTreeWalker.java:249)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:361)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:339)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:330)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.run(Lifecycle.java:304)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.UIControl.render(UIControl.java:597)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.PresentationContext.render(PresentationContext.java:434)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.util.RenderToolkit.renderChild(RenderToolkit.java:147)
	at jsp_servlet._framework._skeletons._vodafonedefault.__col5_11._jspService(__col5_11.java:141)
	at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:34)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:283)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.onAddToMapException(ServletStubImpl.java:394)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:309)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:175)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.invokeServlet(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:533)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.include(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:459)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.application.laf.JspTools.renderJsp(JspTools.java:124)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.application.laf.JspControlRenderer.beginRender(JspControlRenderer.java:81)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.application.laf.PresentationControlRenderer.beginRender(PresentationControlRenderer.java:62)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlLifecycle$7.visit(ControlLifecycle.java:482)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:530)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walk(ControlTreeWalker.java:249)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:361)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:339)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.runOutbound(Lifecycle.java:186)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.run(Lifecycle.java:140)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.manager.UIServlet.runLifecycle(UIServlet.java:419)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.manager.UIServlet.processControlTree(UIServlet.java:305)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.manager.PortalServlet.service(PortalServlet.java:779)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:26)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:42)
	at com.cj.trim.trimFilter.doFilter(trimFilter.java:86)
	at com.vodafone.couk.micrositeintegration.filter.MicrositeIntegrationFilter.doFilter(MicrositeIntegrationFilter.java:185)
	at com.vodafone.couk.filters.UnAuthenticatedPagesFilter.doFilter(UnAuthenticatedPagesFilter.java:151)
	at com.vodafone.couk.filters.PartialHoldingPagesFilter.doFilter(PartialHoldingPagesFilter.java:61)
	at com.vodafone.couk.filters.RedirectsFilter.doFilter(RedirectsFilter.java:113)
	at com.bea.p13n.servlets.PortalServletFilter.doFilter(PortalServletFilter.java:251)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.invokeServlet(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:531)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:266)
	at com.vodafone.couk.portal.redirects.LongToSeoURLServlet.longToSEOURL(LongToSeoURLServlet.java:451)
	at com.vodafone.couk.portal.redirects.LongToSeoURLServlet.doPost(LongToSeoURLServlet.java:139)
	at com.vodafone.couk.portal.redirects.LongToSeoURLServlet.doGet(LongToSeoURLServlet.java:108)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:743)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:26)
	at com.bea.p13n.servlets.PortalServletFilter.doFilter(PortalServletFilter.java:251)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3251)
	at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
	at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2010)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:1916)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1366)
	at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
	at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:181)

Let's me get as far as entering the number, then confirming it, then I get that page above.  Have tried it several times with the same results.

Any ideas?

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there Dan_I,

Many thanks for your post about being unable to add users to your Sure Signal.

Could you let me know the serial number of your VSS please?

Cheers,

Lee

Hi,

Sure, serial number is 40110738339.

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there Dan_I,

Thanks for coming back to me.

I've checked and the number ending 904 that you are trying to add is not one of our numbers and doesn't exist on the Vodafone database. Is the user using a Vodafone SIM card?

If not then I'm afraid it will not be possible to add it to your access list.

If Spencer is using a Vodafone SIM then please let me know.

Cheers,

Lee

I am unable to register my SS - for more than a week.  The phone help said they couldn't either, and to try the next day.  That was a weeek ago.  I get the error message

"sorry we're having a technical problem at the moment.  Please try again in a few minutes.  If you keep seeing this message please contact us through our help centre."

Well I've tried that to no avail.  I don't know what to do next.  How much time is it reasonable to expect a customer to spend getting this wretched equipment to function?

Hi Cepheid,

Many thanks for your post here and I’m sorry that you have had issue registering your Sure Signal.

We are aware of an issue with registering Sure Signals at the moment however so we can get this sorted for you I have sent you a quick PM, please follow the instructions on the PM and one of the team will be able to pick this up and register the Sure Signal for you.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James