Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

V2 serial 40120538489

dboyd
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I have been trying to get this to connect via the 582n router for the past week, and it's very frustrating and have to say that the front line 191 support staff have been less than helpful to me.

In the end, I've used Telnet to allow the router VPN protocols from my PC to the router; turned the router firewall off and not done any port forwarding. The ISP is Plusnet, who just didn't want to know when the finally bothered to respond to my support request

Anyhow, now have some progress in the form of a solid power light and a solid system light, but still no 3G signal. Can anyone please advise me whether or not contact has finally been established between the SS servers and my little box? - I live in hope that in time the 3G will start....

Incidentally, the 3G indicator did flash on my iPhone momentarily and then go out again, usually whenever I was resetting the router  just adds to the frustration to watch it go out again every time!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi dboyd,

Make sure the ports are opened and if possible try a different ethernet cable.

Your upload speed is also quite slow, so please speak to your ISP to see if they can make any improvements.

Thanks,

Ian

View solution in original position

16 REPLIES 16

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi dboyd, 

It hasn't connected to your servers since 17 September. Please try a different Ethernet cable to make sure this helps.

We only support PPPoA (not PPPoE) so you'll need to make sure the router supports this. I'm sure your internet provider can help you with this. 

Thanks, 

Kay

Hi again

Have occasionally been getting a 3G signal (no 3G normally available at this location) but only very intermittently. But over past 48+ hours, this seems to be getting more sustained.

Has any contact at last been established with your servers, please ?

PS

checking the router statistics over past 2 days or so they're showing around 6000+ packets of data / 1.15mB as attributable to  the SS.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi dboyd,

When running a fresh traceroute, do the hops get further than before? 

Has you spoken to Plusnet about your Sure Signal access too? 

Thanks, 

Ben

Hi Ben

Tracert is just same and Plusnet just not interested.

But do seem to be getting a 3G signal OK now - is it not possible for you to check from your end whether a firm connection has now been established, as I originally asked?

Thanks

David

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi David

I can see this is now connected to our servers and everything looks fine at our end. :smileyhappy:

Cheers,

Laura

Thanks, Laura!