Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VEA Contract changes

nickc1990
1: Seeker

Hi I have a contract with the 20% VEA discount applied, and have a few questions. Ive noticed I can change my current plan, which I am considering doing for the next few months to give myself more data. My current contract is £54 with 8gb of data but I can change to 32gb of data for £58! If I apply this change will the VEA discount automatically apply across? Also the current plan states 4gb of wifi but the 32gb plan states 2gb, can anyone explain the difference for this, as I always thought wifi was unlimited based on my internet provider? 

My early upgrade is also due in January, so if I upgrade will the VEA automatically apply to a new contract, plus the £10 fee? 

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

Tommy
4: Newbie

Hello @nick1990 yes you will need to apply for the discount again when changing or upgrading the line with the £10 one off membership fee applicable each time. Upgrading the line will enter you in to a new contract and give you a new upgrade date :

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Getting-started-and-upgrading/Vodafone-Advantage/903145082

2/4gb WiFi is the monthly allowance for BT WiFi hotspots and Virgin WiFi on the underground:

http://m.vodafone.co.uk/mobile/wi-fi/index.htm

:Smiling:

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Whenever you change the Tariff, you have to apply for VEA discount.

If you are not close to contract end, then it will be a change of Tariff and not Upgrade. If I am not mistaken, you will not have to pay the £10 VEA fee.

Regarding the 4GB or 2 GB WiFi, that is for use mainly on the Underground Hotspots. It includes BT Hotspots, however BT decided to limit that to certain Hotspots. And those hotspots are free anyway so don't really need to use your inclusive.

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@Getafix wrote:

If you are not close to contract end, then it will be a change of Tariff and not Upgrade. If I am not mistaken, you will not have to pay the £10 VEA fee.

Each and every time the form is completed you agreed to the Terms and Conditions and tick the box accepting there is a £10.00 membership fee which will be added to the mobile number after the discount has been applied.

The membership fee has to be paid when changing the contract in any way, including a change of tariff.