Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Default notice on credit report

TerryR71
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Can anyone advise how to deal with a removal of a Default Notice?

On 01 September 2020 Vodaphone registered a Default Notice with Experian and Equifax for a default balance of 17 GBP. Vodafone have registered a Default Notice against my name once I closed my contract and account registered with them. I never received a letter from Vodafone, or from the Debt Collector nor did Vodafone take the money owed from the Direct Debit that was set up. I have been trying to resolve this matter and whilst I have been given debt collector company names Lowell and BPO but neither have any record through my postcode or the account number which haven't changed in over a decade.  The Quality Assurance Team has not called me despite reassurance that they would resolve this and, even though I have spoken to customer service on numerous occasions, the Default Notice still remains on my file. After  calling various departments I have not been put through to Quality Assurance to seek ways for the Notice to be removed. I spent hours on the phone with the Finance Department, Complaints Department and various other departments of Vodafone. I was given debt collector names and told the debt cannot be paid or deleted by Vodafone.  I cannot even pay the amount as the account was closed down but this problem remains causing stress, aggravation and significant financial loss.

Today 13 June 2024 my mortgage broker has told me that I was declined on an application for a mortgage due to my poor credit rating caused by this Default Notice remaining live on my file despite having been updated by Vodafone recently . It has ruined my credit rating and has caused us to lose our first house we have been saving to purchase. This is just horrendous and I don’t want anyone else to suffer this horrific nightmare. I just don’t know what I can do to get this Notice removed.  I can only apply for a Bad Credit mortgage now as my credit is so low and the banks are refusing to lend me money. I am disappointed that notwithstanding the repeated reassurances that the attached Default Notice would be removed on admission by Vodafone that it was incorrectly registered against my name it still remains and continues to cause me significant financial loss.

Can anyone help me?

@experian @equifax @debt

1 REPLY 1

Andy

Hi @TerryR71 I do apologise that the default has not been removed after you were told it would be and the problems this is causing. We will need to take a look over your account, after doing so we can speak to our credit file team who will review everything, and if the default is not valid they can update this with the credit agencies. As we don't have account access here, could you please reach out to the social team via the details in this link. When contacting us, just provide a link to this post which should avoid you having to explain the situation again.