Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Very slow broadband speeds

simoncsi
2: Seeker

Had fibre broadband for 3 days and speeds are 45mb ealry morning then approx 15mb during the day up until 5pm when they drop dramatically to 1 or 2 or sometimes 0.35 so basically unuseable!

I know they say there is a 3 - 10 day "settling in period" but i am already concerned that the speed variation is following a pattern which sounds exactly the same as many other long standing users are experiencing. i had no issues at all on BT and only changed as the VF offer was so good with a guranteed performance.

Has anyone had the same experienc and the issue has reseolved after the 3-10 days without doing anything?

i worl at home and the spped drops make it unuseable so i am getting very frustrated indeed.

3 REPLIES 3

ruks

it doesnt get any better, i just uploaded some pictures and a post about the same thing, if i were you i'd get out within 30days while its still freepingvoda.jpgpingspeed.jpg

JamesBroadband
8: Helper
8: Helper

@simoncsiwrote:

Had fibre broadband for 3 days and speeds are 45mb ealry morning then approx 15mb during the day up until 5pm when they drop dramatically to 1 or 2 or sometimes 0.35 so basically unuseable!

I know they say there is a 3 - 10 day "settling in period" but i am already concerned that the speed variation is following a pattern which sounds exactly the same as many other long standing users are experiencing. i had no issues at all on BT and only changed as the VF offer was so good with a guranteed performance.

Has anyone had the same experienc and the issue has reseolved after the 3-10 days without doing anything?

i worl at home and the spped drops make it unuseable so i am getting very frustrated indeed.

Exactly right, leave while you're able to. I made the same mistake, now 3 weeks in to a (blissful (never thought i'd say that)) BT contract.

Vodafone - <5mbit

BT - >55mbit+

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Apologies that you're not getting the speeds you should be @simoncsi. It can take up to 10 days for the router to settle completely, whilst we figure out the best settings to provide you with our services.

If you'd like us to take a look into your account and double check everything going as planned, we'll be happy to forward your query to our Broadband team for further investigation. So we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us directly.