Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone 9900 can't connect to 3G

ct809
2: Seeker

Hi I was hoping someone could help me out here

I have a factory unlocked Vodafone 9900 from the UK (Carphonewarehouse).

I've moved to Canada and inserted a Koodo, Bell, and Rogers SIM and the phone could not pull in a 3G signal at all.

It can pull in a Rogers/Fido 2G signal easily, but for some reason 3G won't work.

When I do a manual search for a network, it detects a Rogers 2G network, and for some odd reason a WIND and Mobilicity network (They operate on the 1700 bands in Canada). 

Now I got this phone in the UK, and according to Vodafone's website it uses the following bands:

HSDPA 850/900/1900/2100

Does anyone know (or have experienced) why in Canada I can't pull in a 3G signal using 1900/850?

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there ct809,

Many thanks for your post.

I'm afraid I can't find any reference to the Vodafone 9900 either on our intranet or on the wider web. Can you clarify for me the exact model so I can look to help further?

Kindest regards,

LeeH

storesktn

Hi,

My brother living in UK just bought Blackberry 9900 branded "Vodafone" but unfortunately the phone refused to connect to blackberry Server

it also have an "enterprise email option only"

Please and Please help me to de-register it from your server so that i can use  different network to connect it.

Should you require any information, please do not hesitate to contact me via email address below.

Thanks a lot!

[Removed for security}

Hi storesktn,

So my team can look into this, get in touch with us here.

Cheers,

Laura