Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Ultra - Marshmallow 6.0

irishfever1
3: Seeker

I'm wondering if the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 will receive the Marshmallow update, if it doesn't, I'm probably gonna go for a different phone option. Please let me know if you know it will or if it is in the making.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

irishfever1
An upgrade to 5.1 would be nice at least? no update before I get this phone in December? Vodafone is losing a customer of 3 years

View solution in original position

64 REPLIES 64

@mannix wrote:

@mentalis: check you have about 2 GB free space on internal storage

@mannix: I've just had a look and there is just over 6Gb of internal storage available.

@mentalis: I guess you have to do a factory default reset... 

@mannix wrote:

@mannix: I haven't tried that yet. I've got some spare time, so why not? I'll give it a go.

@mentalis wrote:

@mannix wrote:

@mannix: I haven't tried that yet. I've got some spare time, so why not? I'll give it a go.

I tried that, and it still doesn't work. It keeps saying Twitter.apk has unexpected contents.

That's really weird...

Did you reset from Android settings menu or from the Recovery menu?

It works better from the Recovery usually.

@mannix wrote:

That's really weird...

Did you reset from Android settings menu or from the Recovery menu?

It works better from the Recovery usually.

It was from Android settings. If it is the Twitter app (and not a red herring) I did have to re-install it after the reset.

I've just managed to get everything back so I'm not in a hurry to factory reset again.

It always fails at the same point: Twitter.apk.

AFAIK Twitter is not provided as installed application, if it's complaining about it just after the factory reset then probably it didn't reset.

Your choice but I'd do a proper reset otherwise you are probably going to have some other issues sooner or later.

@mannix wrote:

AFAIK Twitter is not provided as installed application, if it's complaining about it just after the factory reset then probably it didn't reset.

Your choice but I'd do a proper reset otherwise you are probably going to have some other issues sooner or later.

Which option should I use to reset? Last time I did the Settings -> Backup & Reset -> Factory reset option.

I did have to reinstall the Twitter application so this presumably isn't in the factory default.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @mentalis

We'd recommend removing the app that's causing the error and then doing a factory reset.

Once you've done that, install the latest update and finally reinstall the app once that's completed. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

@Amanda wrote:

Hi @mentalis

We'd recommend removing the app that's causing the error and then doing a factory reset.

Once you've done that, install the latest update and finally reinstall the app once that's completed. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Hi Amanda,

Unfortunately that hasn't worked either. I have attached (a very blurry) photo of the error. It's saying:

Source: Vodafone/P839V55/P839V55:5.1.1/LMY47V/20161227.134319.15534
Target: Vodafone/P839V55/P839V55:6.0.1/MMB29M/20161224.153533.17242

"/system/partner-app/Twitter.apk" has unexpected contents.

@E:Abnormal exit, path @/cache/recovery/block.map, status: 7

Thanks,

Nigel