main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Archive

Vodafone Smart Ultra - Marshmallow 6.0

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
3: Seeker

I'm wondering if the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 will receive the Marshmallow update, if it doesn't, I'm probably gonna go for a different phone option. Please let me know if you know it will or if it is in the making.

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
An upgrade to 5.1 would be nice at least? no update before I get this phone in December? Vodafone is losing a customer of 3 years
View more options
64 REPLIES 64
17: Community Champion

Hi,

This is Vodafones stance in Firmware Updates. 

Firmware Statement

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

It doesnt really help though does it. There is never a firm answer just a vauge blah blah. Check out XDA there are some ports going on over there. The problem we face is the locked bootloader, hopefully ZTE will unlock it so we can also update out phones as well. ( Baisically the SU 6 is a ZTE Blade 6 plus )

View more options
2: Seeker
Vodafone need to do something as 5.0.2 is a shambles,not being able to turn of miracast is a nightmare ! Sky go etc will not work due to miracast being constantly on. Don't care if it's 5.1 or marshmallow but an update is needed now. The phone is sold as having 5.1 which is obviously deception.
View more options
An upgrade to 5.1 would be nice at least? no update before I get this phone in December? Vodafone is losing a customer of 3 years
View more options

They have now changed that to show sold with droid 5.0....quel suprise!!

View more options
4: Newbie

HTC, LG and Samsung o ready announced there new andriod 6.0 marshmallow update coming in December.

still waiting for Vodafone smart ultra 6 to announce there new update.

plus its stock andriod no overlay of skin like sense 6 or touchwiz so really the update should be fast like Motorola Moto G.

View more options

As it the VSU 6 is basically a ZTE Blade 6 plus ( only tweaked in our favour ) then there is a chance ZTE might release an update we can use. I know people over at XDA are working on ports and having a little success.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/help/vodafone-smart-ultra-6-t3143952

View more options

did vodafone phone's from last year got updated to the lastest andriod 5.0

lollipop update

for example Vodafone Smart 4 power? or Vodafone Smart 4 max?

View more options

Even if they don't update to 6.0, I'm expecting 5.1 at least...

View more options

if i knowed Vodafone was not going to update to Marshmallow then i would have got Motorola Moto G 3rd gen (2015).
because Moto G is getting Android 6.0 Marshmallow update.

View more options

Vodafone Smart 6 users to be able to offer a better experience continues testing is currently 5.1 software. The tests will be shared by users with updates as soon as possible upon completion.

Update information of the device does not come directly to us. We provide return to you in accordance with disclosures from the relevant departments. The information you transmit to us is to be held device updates. You can get to this essential information. We ask you to wait a short time more.

found this in different language on vodafone website. i hope this helps.

View more options

The last update tested and approved by Vodafone Portugal is the VDF-995NB01-PT_MR01b expected to be released shortly. We remind you that availability is the manufacturer's responsibility.

View more options
The latest update tested and approved by Vodafone Portugal is the VDF-995NB01-PT_MR02a (OS version 5.1). 

The availability of this is always the manufacturer's responsibility. 

Dear Valued Customer ZTE, Thank you for contacting ZTE. Regarding your inquiry, we would recommend That You'd better contact your network operator or dealer to consult. Because the android is updated based on the demand of your location network operator or dealer, Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. I leave here the manufacturer's response

VDF-995NB01-PT_MR02a since this is the last approved version and ZTE is always saying that and vodafone should ask for this.

View more options

ZTE doesn't always bother to update its phones, so if you have one you may have to make do without Android Marshmallow, though the newer and higher profile it is the better your chances of getting the upcoming Android release.
from techRadar website.

View more options

Any news about update? What your country's Vodafone said?

My news:
"We are now contacting to relevant people for eta. on Vodafone Turkey forums."

View more options
VDF-995NB01-PT_MR02a (5.1 upgrade)

Dear Valued ZTE Customer,

Thanks for contacting ZTE.
As the information you shared, this device should be able to support Android 5.1 system, but specific system is still under test and haven't released officially yet, once it is being quality pass, ZTE will launch the system via FOTA upgrade, please allow us sometime
View more options

Not sure if this is 5.1 or not but there's this on the ZTE website, it is 1GB+ 

http://www.ztedevice.com/support/58fdc373-46d0-4734-8e93-6fdc3ab090ba.html

It's for turkey, not sure if it works in UK. But as I said, not sure what it is.

View more options
View more options
At least say that that email was sent to other person and it's about Portuguese firmware thanks
View more options