Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Ultra - Marshmallow 6.0

irishfever1
3: Seeker

I'm wondering if the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 will receive the Marshmallow update, if it doesn't, I'm probably gonna go for a different phone option. Please let me know if you know it will or if it is in the making.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

irishfever1
An upgrade to 5.1 would be nice at least? no update before I get this phone in December? Vodafone is losing a customer of 3 years

View solution in original position

64 REPLIES 64

Twitter is indeed a system app in your version.

You either have a corrupted flash or at some point a tool to remove unwanted system app was used with root privilege.

If you are familiar with the recovery or adb there's a way to re-flash the stock firmware.

@mannix wrote:

Twitter is indeed a system app in your version.

You either have a corrupted flash or at some point a tool to remove unwanted system app was used with root privilege.

If you are familiar with the recovery or adb there's a way to re-flash the stock firmware.

@mannix I am not very familiar with adb; I have tried using it for remote web debugging, but that's all. I haven't rooted my phone, but I have installed applications such as ES file explorer which may have done things as root.

@mentalis if your phone is UK you can download the stock firmware from ZTE website at this address:

http://www.ztedevice.com/support/detail?id=38A5A70F780949E3814D712B5CD2DAE4#software

You will have to rename it update.zip and place in the root folder fo the sdcard.

Then you have to power on the phonr keeping Volume up pressed.

In the recovery you can move up/down with volume buttons and select with power button.

From there you can flash the update.zip and go back to a clean stock image.

Not sure but since the file is from 12th of January it could be already Marshmellow.

Otherwise if it's in warranty ask the customer care for support.

@mannix wrote:

@mentalis if your phone is UK you can download the stock firmware from ZTE website at this address:

http://www.ztedevice.com/support/detail?id=38A5A70F780949E3814D712B5CD2DAE4#software

You will have to rename it update.zip and place in the root folder fo the sdcard.

In the recovery you can move up/down with volume buttons and select with power button.

Not sure but since the file is from 12th of January it could be already Marshmellow.

I'll give this a try and see what happens.

@mentalis wrote:

@mannix wrote:

I'll give this a try and see what happens.

Woo Hoo. That worked. Updating from update.zip didn't even blitz everything. I had set the phone up again and was pleasantly surprised when it kept everything.

Thanks.