Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Ultra - Marshmallow 6.0

irishfever1
3: Seeker

I'm wondering if the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 will receive the Marshmallow update, if it doesn't, I'm probably gonna go for a different phone option. Please let me know if you know it will or if it is in the making.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

irishfever1
An upgrade to 5.1 would be nice at least? no update before I get this phone in December? Vodafone is losing a customer of 3 years

View solution in original position

64 REPLIES 64

if i knowed Vodafone was not going to update to Marshmallow then i would have got Motorola Moto G 3rd gen (2015).
because Moto G is getting Android 6.0 Marshmallow update.

Vodafone Smart 6 users to be able to offer a better experience continues testing is currently 5.1 software. The tests will be shared by users with updates as soon as possible upon completion.

Update information of the device does not come directly to us. We provide return to you in accordance with disclosures from the relevant departments. The information you transmit to us is to be held device updates. You can get to this essential information. We ask you to wait a short time more.

found this in different language on vodafone website. i hope this helps.

The last update tested and approved by Vodafone Portugal is the VDF-995NB01-PT_MR01b expected to be released shortly. We remind you that availability is the manufacturer's responsibility.

The latest update tested and approved by Vodafone Portugal is the VDF-995NB01-PT_MR02a (OS version 5.1). 

The availability of this is always the manufacturer's responsibility. 

Dear Valued Customer ZTE, Thank you for contacting ZTE. Regarding your inquiry, we would recommend That You'd better contact your network operator or dealer to consult. Because the android is updated based on the demand of your location network operator or dealer, Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. I leave here the manufacturer's response

VDF-995NB01-PT_MR02a since this is the last approved version and ZTE is always saying that and vodafone should ask for this.

ZTE doesn't always bother to update its phones, so if you have one you may have to make do without Android Marshmallow, though the newer and higher profile it is the better your chances of getting the upcoming Android release.
from techRadar website.

Any news about update? What your country's Vodafone said?

My news:
"We are now contacting to relevant people for eta. on Vodafone Turkey forums."

umbrokhan
4: Newbie
VDF-995NB01-PT_MR02a (5.1 upgrade)

Dear Valued ZTE Customer,

Thanks for contacting ZTE.
As the information you shared, this device should be able to support Android 5.1 system, but specific system is still under test and haven't released officially yet, once it is being quality pass, ZTE will launch the system via FOTA upgrade, please allow us sometime

irishfever1

Not sure if this is 5.1 or not but there's this on the ZTE website, it is 1GB+ 

http://www.ztedevice.com/support/58fdc373-46d0-4734-8e93-6fdc3ab090ba.html

It's for turkey, not sure if it works in UK. But as I said, not sure what it is.

Lunario1
At least say that that email was sent to other person and it's about Portuguese firmware thanks