Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone repair are saying I damaged my phone and I did not

totallyttrs-com
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi All

I have a samsung s7 that I got 3 months ago. After using the phone a few weeks I noticed that the volume buttons did not work, i can go into settings as change the volume and did that for a while. Busy December/Christmas came and went. Then I went on holiday in early Jan and my wife noticed me messing about with the volume and asked why I did that and told here the volume buttons did not work and that it would be fixed under warranty. When we got home I phoned vodafone and told them what was wrong, as I do not live anywhere near a store they sent a bag to return it in.

They phoned me today to say that there was damage around the volume button and they would not fix it under warranty and I would have to pay! I asked to speak to customer services to complain. I then got grilled on why I never sent the phone back earlier, I told them I had been busy and did not get around to it.

I told them that there was no damage to the phone when I sent it and they told me that as I did not take it into a store for inspection prior to being returned, they could not confirm this, I asked if the damage could have been done at their end as it was definetly not damaged when I sent it. I was told that because I cold not prove this they would believe that I sent it damaged....

Why did they not explain this to me when they sent me a bag to return it in? I would have gone to a store for prior inspection, if this would have been pointed ot to me. I have been made to feel very upset, I have been with vodafone for a very long time and it is wrong to be treated like this. They are sending the phone back to me so I can inspect it, but have been told they will not do anything else about it.

This is extremely annoying.

Any advice would be appreciated.

40 REPLIES 40

I would appreciate some advice in regards replacing the phone(how much it would cost) or maybe a possible contract upgrade(I know you don't upgrade customers this early on but in a case like this maybe an exception can be made)? I am willing to pay a fee for a new phone or upgrade my contract or whatever is necessary, within reason. Regards,

ShowBox vidmate Mobdro

Hi zimou13,

If the phone is inspected in store and your documents you recieved from store when you booked your repair doesn't state any damage to rear panal then there is no reasom Vodafone don't replace the phone.

It is now on Vodafone to prove hot this is got damaged.

Go to the same sore you booked repair and as for a reason why is your phone is not in the same condition as you booked in and confirmed on docs.

Regards

Vicky R

Thanks for the advice, I did that and the manager of the store put a note on the system to say the phone was in perfect condition when they sent it off but VF still say nothing they can do.

Hi spencer24,

If the stire manager put note sayong the phone was in perfect condition then there is mo reasn Vodafone can deny to replace the phone.

Call and choose option Want to leave. Then ecplain them and say as thry are breaching the contract by damaging phone themselves either they repkace the phone or log a complaint for investigation and don't firget to get your reference no. If they say they will trct then ask them to hold the until you get the ref no.

In my experience they are really good and helpful.

Regards 

Vicky R

Tried that, no way out of a contract as hand set isn't part of the contract I now have a dead lock letter which means there is nothing they will do my only option is to complain to the ombudsman but I can see them being as much use as a fart in a colander!

Hi

If you got deadlock letter then try Ombudsman. They can ask Vodafone to provide all records of your accounts notes and if it says in tje note that the phone was not damaged when booked in then they will rule in your favor.

Regards 

Vicky R

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@spencer24 I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've faced with your repair. As this is now at the deadlock stage, the appropriate team will continue to work on this until a resolution is reached. 

@zimou13 Please visit your local store - they'll be able to assess your phone and go through all of the available options, including replacements and the cost to upgrade early 😊

@Coleen Thanks for the relpy but the Issue has been to the highest level and all of them show no interest in sorting the issue, Funny thing is I have sent my phone to my insurers for repair and they changed the screen and fixed the damage Vodafone caused without a murmer and all in 1 Day!!

So it wasn't beyond economical repair VF just didn't want to fix it!!

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Your insurer will fix the phone however the damage is caused (as long as it's within cover).   Vodafone won't cover what they're saying is accidental or 3rd party damage.

Thanks for the replies

Not sure how I can get Vodafonbe to fix it, even if I know say it was faulty on delivery, they have refused to fix it, saying the damage that is there was caused by me and voids the warranty.

I will try and send the pictures to samsung and see what they say.