Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One M9 refuses access

Fiona_Scully
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have a HTC One M9 to which I was receiving work e-mails and, in order to do so, had to set up a 6-digit passcode. This has been working well for me until I was asked to change the passcode this morning.  I proceeded to do so however it doesn't let me access my phone with the new passcode.  I have tried different combinations (including the original passcode prior to changing) however it is giving me the same response i.e. invalid passcode.  I now only have 2 attempts left before data is deleted.....

I would be very grateful for any assistance you could give me or suggestions on who I should contact in this situation to avoid data being deleted.

Many thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

The code is specific to the phone, so no-one else will have access to it.  I can only assume you perhaps mis-remembered the new code and, yes, you have a limited number of attempts at it.

The only way to regain access to the device will be a factory reset, but that will delete all data (that's one of the reasons why it's so important to back up important info).  Your emails, contacts and calendar should re-sync, but anything else will be lost.   If you have anything on a sd card, remove that first so that it doesn't get formatted.

You could try contacting HTC to see if they have any ways in, but I doubt they do.   Be ready to prove ownership if they are prepared to help.

Thank you for responding.