cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why has the cost of my plan increased with no notice?

fovo
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I don't understand my last 2 bills. I've been on a SIM only, pay monthly plan since 2013. For my October and November bills it's suddenly increased by £5 a month, plus an extra £2 for 'out of commitment price adj 2016 and 2017'. In October I received an email saying my plan was being closed, because it's old, and I was being transferred to a new plan at no extra cost.

Quote - 'Don’t worry though – we’ll soon be switching you over to one of our latest plans instead. And we’re pleased to let you know that there’s no new contract and the new plan is better value than your current one.'.

I contacted customer services through the online chat and was told that I had been having a £5 discount, and now this had ended in October 2017. This is news to me. I can't see any mention on my bills of a £5 discount, and the email I received in October made no mention of it.

With regard to the extra £2 'out of commitment price adj' the customer services person suggested I upgrade. But the email I received said I was already being transferred to a new plan, from 4 November, at no extra cost.

This makes no sense to me. I'm not really sure what to do next.

17 REPLIES 17

Tommy
4: Newbie

Hello @fovo you should be able to check your plan details through your My Vodafone online account or through the app.

Only customer service have access to your account to confirm your plan or monthly line rental either over the phone or through Live Chat:

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-us/index.htm

You can also go to your local Vodafone store and discuss your account in person:

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/network-satisfaction-guarantee/index.htm

If your issue is still unresolved then you can escalate it to customer relations for further investigation:

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/complaints/

:Smiling:

Hi Tommy, thanks for your reply. There is no helpful information on my bill (see my reply to someone else on this thread) and Live Chat just told me to look at my bills. I haven't tried ringing yet. I will try that, and also wait for a reply on here. And if that doesn't work I'll make a complaint.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @fovo

I’m not surprised your unimpressed and confused at the current situation @fovo

I understand you’ve already contacted customer service which did not resolve your raised issues. 

Please let the Vodafone Social Media Team here catch up with your thread as they have Account Access.

A Vodafone Highstreet Store employee would advise you to contact Customer Services. 

I hope all goes ok for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi Band of Brothers, thanks very much for the reply. I will wait and see if anyone picks it up on here. I marked your answer as the best reply, and now I've got a big green tick saying 'Success', as if my problem might have been solved. It hasn't.

I put some other details in my reply to another poster.

I've now found the button on here that says 'This is not the answer'.

BandOfBrothers

The Vodafone Team here will still pick up with you. Don't worry @fovo

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@fovo Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I'm sorry to hear about what's happened. 

We'll be happy to look into this - I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us.

Hi Colleen, thank you for getting in touch with me. I've submitted the form, following the instructions in your message.  It didn't acknowledge that it had been sent, just took me straight to a Vodafone sales page. Hopefully you have received it. Please let me know if not.

hrym

It's a while since I've used the contact form, but I think you should still get an email acknowledgement with a reference number.   These emails sometimes go to spam, so check there.   If you have one, the form will have gone through, but you can post the ref no here and the team will be able to confirm that you're in the response queue.