cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why make it so difficult to view remaining data?

japo
4: Newbie

Before the latest software update all we had to do was click a  tab to get overall remaining data info sent directly to the computer – simple. Now Vodafone have done away with that and we have to go through the tedious process of going online, and of course, login in first just to get the balance. And the new Usage panel is rather pointless - it shows only data for the current session, which is already displayed in the Status panel.

Why are Vodafone so reluctant to reveal our TOTAL data use? It’s exactly the same with Vodafone’s mobile web… the only way to get an overall picture is to go online. It's so much simpler with other networks.

15 REPLIES 15

Hi all, well after telling you all that my data bar had been restored (which it was) Sunday/Monday it was ok go's to check today guess what it's no longer there :smileymad: sent the support team another email let's see what they have to say.What I would like to know is why the data bar keeps getting moved I find it helpful to keep a track on my allowance, anybody else got any thoughts as to why it get removed.

I've given up to be honest. It was a useful feature but my monthy usage doesn't get near the max. and so am not so worried. It is a fag having to sign in to My Account especially as Voda's website seems to be one of the most sluggish ones out their, ironically.

Hi mate, yes it's a useful feature but I'm still going to chase them up over it, if I dont get anywhere with them it will be bye/bye voda jsut seems a bit sneaky as to why they want to remove it.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys,

I understand this can be very frustrating and I would be glad to help get this resolved.

Can you please post the software version of VMB (Vodafone Mobile Broadband) that you are currently using and whether you have the data bar present or not currently so I can investigate?

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

HI Dave,

My version is 10.1.0.25677. The problem with the usage bar for me seems to be intermittent as one time it's there then it's not.Hopefully your investigation will throw up some leads.

DaveCD,

I dom't think you quite understand. It's not a software 'problem' at our end that can be fixed with a few tweaks. Vodafone made changes to the software that now prevents us from viewing Bata Remaining by removing a tab which sent the info directly to the PC.

The change came about in the last software update - it's what this whole thread is about. There's nothing to 'investigate'. Just update the software with the remaining data tab restored.