main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

FAQ's

Managing your Pay as you go account

TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Need help managing your Pay as you go account? Check out some tips below. 

Why has my Pay as you go credit run out when I haven’t made calls or sent texts?

If you’re a Pay as you go customer and just top up your credit rather than buying a Big Value Bundle or Freebie Data, you’ll pay a daily £2 data charge if you use certain apps, access the internet or check your emails. It’ll be taken from your credit if you haven’t switched off data on your phone.

Buying a Freebie Data, a Big Value Bundle or using Pay as you go 1 could save you money. They all come with data allowances and as long as you haven’t used them up, you won’t have to pay any daily data charges. If you’ve downloaded the My Vodafone app and stored your payment card details, you can buy either of these with a couple of taps.

If there are days when you don’t want to use data or buy a Big Value Bundle or Freebie Data, simply switch data off on your phone. If you’re not sure how to, our device guides can show you.

What are Pay as you go Extras?

Pay as you go Extras are useful bundles of data, minutes, texts and other features offering even better value for money than your Pay as you go credit would alone. You could save money chatting to loved ones abroad, or get free calls to friends and family.

And if you do run out of credit, there's even an Extra that lets you text someone to ask if they could call you back.

You can log in to My Vodafone to check or remove your current Extras, or to add new ones. Just select the device they're used on and choose Services and extras.

The following Vodafone Pay as you go extras last for 30 days and renew automatically, providing you have enough credit. To opt out of these extras, text the relevant code to 49500, free from your Vodafone mobile:

• 500MB Data Extra – text STOPDATA
  • 2GB Data Extra – text STOP2GBDATA
  • Extra Minutes – text STOPMINS
  • Extra International Minutes – text STOPINTERNATIONAL
  • Extra Texts – text STOPTEXTS

Note: you can opt out of these recurring extras at any time, but your current extra will continue to be active until the end of the 30 days.

Other extras on Pay as you go
You can stop the following extras from renewing automatically by calling us free from your Vodafone mobile and following the instructions:

• BlackBerry Internet Service – call 40035
  • Vodafone International – call 2345

How can I check my Pay as you go balance?

You have the following options for checking your Pay as you go balance:

• Download the My Vodafone app to view and manage your data balance
  • Check online with My Vodafone
  • Dial *#1345# free from your Vodafone Pay as you go phone to see your balance on screen
  • Call 2345 free from your Vodafone Pay as you go phone to hear your remaining balance
  • If you don’t have your mobile with you, call the Pay as you go credit line on 03333 048048 from any other UK mobile or landline (standard call charges apply)

Not found the answer you were looking for? Check out what our other customers have to say here - or start a new thread.

View more options