Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Managing your Pay as you go account

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Need help managing your Pay as you go account? Check out some tips below. 

Why has my Pay as you go Credit run out?

If you’re on one of our older Pay as you go plans – not Pay as you go 1 or a Big Value Bundle (also known as a Pay as you go Bundle) – or you go over your Big Value Bundle data allowance, you may have to pay a £2 data charge each day you use certain apps, access the internet and check your emails – this will be taken from the credit on your account.

If you’re on our Pay as you go 1 plan, you’ll pay just £1 each day you use your phone, which gives you the following to use until midnight:

• Unlimited minutes
  • Unlimited texts
  • 50MB data

On the days you don’t use your phone to make a call, send a text or use data, you won’t pay anything.

If you regularly use data on your phone, you might be better off buying a Big Value Bundle

Starting at £10 a month, our Big Value Bundles come with inclusive data allowances, and any remaining allowances can even be rolled over into the next month. 

To switch to a Big Value Bundle, you can either switch online, download the My Vodafone app or start a live chat and an adviser will help you.

Where can I find more information about Pay as you Go 1?

With Pay as you go 1, you’ll pay just £1 each day you use your phone, which gives you the following to use until midnight:

• Unlimited minutes
  • Unlimited texts
  • 50MB data

On the days you don’t use your phone to make a call, send a text or use data, you won’t pay anything.

Once on Pay as you go 1, you’ll be able to add Extras and switch to our Big Value Bundles at any time.

To find out more about Pay as you go 1 and to see our other Pay as you go plans, head to our SIM only page

For more details, you can also visit our Terms and Conditions page

How much does it cost to use a Pay as you go phone abroad?

With our Pay as you go bundles, you can use your data, minutes and texts in 51 European destinations as you would at home, completely free of charge.

IMPORTANT: Please note that from 8 June 2022 inclusive, you will be able to use your bundle allowances in the UK and Zone A only. If you travel to Europe from 8 June inclusive, you will need to buy one of our Europe roaming Extras which give you an allowance of data, minutes and/or texts to use in 49 Europe destinations (Zone B). Expires 8 days after purchase. Customers will be able to roam from £1 a day which will include data, minutes and texts.

If you're travelling outside of these destinations, you can always buy one of our Around the World roaming Extras, which give you an allowance of data, minutes and texts to use in 73 additional destinations.

Otherwise, roaming charges will still apply in these other destinations and for customers on our Pay as you go base plan.

Head to our Travelling abroad page for more on roaming charges and using your phone in other countries.

How can I check my Pay as you go balance?

You have the following options for checking your Pay as you go balance:

• Download the My Vodafone app to view and manage your data balance
  • Check online with My Vodafone
  • Dial *#1345# free from your Vodafone Pay as you go phone to see your balance on screen
  • Call 2345 free from your Vodafone Pay as you go phone to hear your remaining balance
  • If you don’t have your mobile with you, call the Pay as you go credit line on 03333 048048 from any other UK mobile or landline (standard call charges apply)

I want to find help or information about VOXI

For help and info about VOXI, head to the VOXI site

Not found the answer you were looking for? Check out what our other customers have to say here - or start a new thread.

0 REPLIES 0