Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WiFi Calling on Samsung S6 Bought through a different network

glynnroche
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi

I have an S6 bought as an unlocked device from a different operator. It works find with my Vodafone SIM and I am trying to enable WiFi Calling.

What do I need to do to expose the WiFi Calling feature within the Phone application?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Unfortunately a Samsung Galaxy s6 or Samsung Galaxy s6 Edge hsve to purchased directly from Vodafone to be eligible for Wifi Calling. 

"To take advantage of Wi-Fi Calling, you need:

A Pay monthly Red or Red Value Bundle, Red+ or Business Premier*

A compatible device:

iPhone 6s or 6s Plus

A Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 edge bought directly from Vodafone at one of our stores, online or by phone through our customer service team"

from http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/network-improvements/wi-fi-calling/index.htm

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

Unfortunately a Samsung Galaxy s6 or Samsung Galaxy s6 Edge hsve to purchased directly from Vodafone to be eligible for Wifi Calling. 

"To take advantage of Wi-Fi Calling, you need:

A Pay monthly Red or Red Value Bundle, Red+ or Business Premier*

A compatible device:

iPhone 6s or 6s Plus

A Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 edge bought directly from Vodafone at one of our stores, online or by phone through our customer service team"

from http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/network-improvements/wi-fi-calling/index.htm

Current Phone  >

Thanks I just spotted that as well.

Oh well, time to move networks in a few weeks 😞

G

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome. 

I assume then Calling Over Wifi is critical?

Current Phone  >

I agreed I too willbe leaving because the network coverage in my are is bad. I was told that WiFi calling was possable on  my phone and even signed up but agains because I bought phone seperate from Sim cannot use WiFi Calling.

Was offered a Pluging Wifi Converter to use at home that plugs into my WiFi router. But that only solves the issue at home...plus cost £110....

I was told my device was compatable. Sent Text to sign up (Vodaphone even regonised I had a Samsung S6) replied and told WiFi was setup and able to be used. Store stated if devise not compatable then Vodaphone would send a text that device was not compatable. But told all wasOK just need latest Andriod update Now know that had to purchase device from Vodaphone as there default Andriod has WiFi Calling openon Samsung S6 (Samsung confirmed only certain providers asked for their handsets to have WiFi calling active). 

Coverage in my area is poor so WiFi calling would be good but only option is the Home base WiFi plugin option at £110.

GoNz0
13: Advanced Member

flash the vodafone branded firmware with odin and factory reset, it will then be a vodafone branded phone and work.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Apparently, according to what was said on another thread, that doesn't work.  You need to modify the CSC to and that sort of thing is beyond the scope of this forum and is for advanced users only... as is flashing a ROM.

PWIAC

GoNz0
13: Advanced Member

the factory reset after flashing picks up the single new csc, done it a few times on my S4 (sometimes you need to do 2 resets one after the other) and the S6 forums I follow say to do the same to unbrand carrier supplied phones

Where do you get the vodafone branded firmware  to flash the device with ?

Thanks