Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wireless charging

Liam0205
4: Newbie
Hi

Haven't recived my edge yet but was wondering about wireless charging

Will any wireless charger work and if so, can someone recommend a charger other than the samsung one as this is expensive
5 REPLIES 5

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Liam0205

There are a few different makes and models of wireless charger available. 

However it's not something that we stock. You'd need to contact the suppliers directly to confirm compatibility. 

Thanks, 

Amanda 

In theory any wireless charger will work as the S6/Edge support both the current wireless charging standards. I can recommend the Samsung charger however, as the phone/charger talk to each other somehow.

When the phone is charging you get a blue glow under the charger, which changes to green when the phone is charged. My Nexus 5 on the same charger never turns the glow green...

James

Out of interest - how well does the wireless charger work off a PC USB port?

I havent got mine yet but I have no plug socket at work. 

My current phone lives on charge as the USB only puts out tiny amounts of power. Samsung make a load of hooha about fast charging. Just wondered what it's like without mains power?

Hi

I got my S6 Edge on 29/04 with and since then almost everyday I charge my phone with USB at work and can confirm that its charging is much better than S4, S5 and Note for as I got all of them and tried. Also I don't use Samsung's official USB but a local I got free from Phone4U 2 years back.

Can't comment about wireless as haven't got yet.

Vicky R

secretcyrille
4: Newbie
I bought one of Amazon, not an official Samsung one though, for 13 quid, and it works great