cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

World traveller and data traveller at the same time?

Yask
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all, I have a couple of questions I need answering.

I'm going to Tanzania and Kenya.

Only Data Traveller is available in Tanzania

But in Kenya I can be on the World Traveller.

Can I have both the Data Traveller and World Traveller on at the same time. 

My second question is while on the Data Traveller, Will I get charged £5 every day even If I don't use it.

and the same for World Traveller, Will I get charged £5 every day even If I don't use it. 

4 REPLIES 4

Getafix
16: Advanced member
You can have both activated on your line.

You will only be charged when you trigger it for the Day.
Data Traveller is only charged if you use Data. You get 25 mb for £5 and after that it is normal roaming charge of £3/MB. And the day for Data Traveller is UK Midnight to Midnight.

For more details search for "Traveller Packages, How they work" in this Forum. I have written a guide on it.

Hi Getafix!

Many thanks for your input earlier this year.

I just had one of those frustrating online chats with Vodafone folks, where you get what seems like conflicting information with what can be found elsewhere online. "Mandy" suggested it's not possible to have WorldTraveller and Data Traveller on the contract at the same time (since changes that happened in May this year). Is that right?

It's a shame if that is the case, of course.

If she was not actually correct and it IS still possible to have both those add-ons in place at the same time, I have a specific question which might be a good one for an experienced user 🙂

Say I have WorldTraveller AND Data Traveller in place. I head to a country that is supported by BOTH those add-ons (e.g USA). What happens when I use data in that country? Which add-on gets triggered by that?

Naturally I would rather be triggering the WorldTraveller add-on, as it's much better value, and includes calls and texts too of course.

If I went nuts and used 1GB of data in a day would I get charged under the terms of the Data Traveller arrangement, or the World Traveller one?

Perhaps the online assistant knew her stuff, and it's no longer possible to have both at the same time but, if not, any clarification you have would be very welcome here, for sure 🙂

Very many thanks for your time and knowledge!

Wishing you a good rest-of-the-day,

Chris

Getafix

If you are in World Traveller Zone (52 countries when I last checked) then World Traveller triggers. This runs Midnight to Midnight as per capital of the Country. Data never triggers in WT Zone.

In Rest of the World Zone 1 Data Traveller will trigger and as mentioned earlier Midnight to Midnight is UK time.

Very many thanks for that clarification Getafix. Very much appreciated.

Wishing you a good day! 🙂

Chris