Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Youtube crop to fit

Mimo2000
12: Established
12: Established

Hi all got another question but I've updated my phone to latest update but noticed when using YouTube if you tapped screen you get a little bubble on right side showing and if you click it. Your picture would go full screen but now my little bubble has gone anyone else notice this?

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Mimo2000

On your Samsung Galaxy s8 do you still have the full screen option turned on for YouTube under Settings-Display-Full Screen Apps. 

I recall your earlier thread asking about recent firmware updates and asked for someone to post. In that thread you had self resolved this. 

Can you advise what the update was ?

On my unbranded Samsung Galaxy s8 when playing a YouTube video if I press the button to take the video from the initial small box view option to open it to full screen I can then press the touch on the screen which invokes several tabs. 

One is a small circle with a box inside that has two little arrows that when touched invokes the crop to fit / fit to screen options. 

To go full screen I use my fingers to pinch out to full screen. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi @BandOfBrothers

Yes I've checked in settings and YouTube is set for full screen.

I've tried clearing cache uninstalling update because i cant uninstall YouTube as it's part of the system apps for some reason I've tried pinching to zoom but i don't get that little bubble with 2 arrows in it strange though.

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

To make it full screen have you tried putting two fingers on the screen and pinch outwards. 

Yes that’s weird about the crop to fit icon. 

Im using an unbranded s8 if that makes a difference. 

I’ll add a screenshot of what I see. 

IMG_20171118_090150.jpg

Current Phone  >

Hi @BandOfBrothers

Thanks for tips for some reason pinch to zoom don't always work on certain channels. But I definitely don't get that bubble. This is all i get

BandOfBrothers

Wow that's pretty threadbare to what options you can have when you tap the screen while a video is playing. 

As I mentioned im using an unbranded s8 on Nougat but I wouldn't have thought that would make a difference even tho I maybe on a different version of firmware. 

If this was my situation i would if local pop into a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre or Vodafone High street Store and pose the question or go on Samsung's Online Chat. 

One more question > what version of YouTube app are you using?

Mine is...Screenshot_20171118-101344.png

Current Phone  >

Yeah i  know strange one but I've been googling and im not the only one with this problem  a few other people on different networks from across the globe also have same issue.

Screenshot_20171118-124412.png

I also have latest YouTube as well.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mimo2000 That's a strange one! :Hmm_Face:

As @BandOfBrothers suggested, it might be worth chatting to Samsung to see if they're aware of any recent changes to the full screen option on your phone.

Please keep us updated with how you get on :Smiling:

BandOfBrothers

Maybe the launcher or theme you look to be using is causing the issue(s)

Current Phone  >

Ok been keeping an eye on xda and a few people have same problem as me but I'm now getting used to it. I don't have any launcher on here or theme total stock phone but thx for helping very much  appreciated