Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

managing users

bigsky
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

A few days ago my phone HTC sensation lost service.with an error stating disconnected because service is unavailable. Many attempts to fix on phone and starting stopping sure signal.  This has not worked. When checking my vodafone account my new number does not show in the user list.  On trying to re add it does not allow stating that the number is already registered.  However as I have said it does not appear in the list.  This must be the issue.  I have contacted Vodafone customer services who have replied confirming that the number is no longer registered. See my problem now. As for a cause I am not sure.  There have been a few updates on phone lately and I am now using a wireless link when at home to download.  This a Tooway satellite system as we have no 3G signal here and broadband is less than 1meg. I know sure signal does not work on satellite so it is still on BT. 

So how do I fix the user number issue on the sure signal.

30 REPLIES 30

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi bigsky,

Can you try these suggestions in this post and let us know how you get on.

If you still don't have any luck then one of the eForum team will probably need to look into your account and force a manual re-sync of the SureSignal for you.

Nabs

Many thanks for the responses.  I had thought of de registering but wasn't sure if that would cause me even more problems.  Anyway I have done it and then re registered. Obviously it will take time to process before I will know although I am not confident.  Even if it works it does not help explain why it happened in the first place.  The sure signal has been perfect since I bought 3 years ago.  No signal otherwise and the walls of our old farmhouse are really thick but it works superbly. I have had to find a spot in the fields where phone can get a signal to receive texts as soon as a call is made it packs up.

Just had two bars and in settings on the phone but it said use phone for data when wi fi unavailable then went off and back to disconnected because service is unavailable.  I may be doing this for some time. 

Unfortunately it has not worked.  It will be interesting when my wife returns from working abroad if her phones work. Will have to ring technical team and see what can be done.  It is a case of elimination I thinks.

rang the technical team re synch of sure signal.  Phone now finds Vodafone network. Not sure there is any link there.  Now cannot register on vodafone UK poss due to no signal at all but now says sim card does not allow a connection.  I pay monthly direct debit so that is not the problem. I can update on 15th May that might be when I solve this. ah well.

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi bigsky,

Please can you let us know the Sure Signal serial number so that we can double check the registration for you?

James

please find the serial number

I have managed to get vodafone.uk as a network on the phone but now after trying to register it says the sim card does not allow connection to this network.

many thanks for your continued help it is appreciated.  If it is the sim in the end then I can call in at manchester city centre shop on saturday afternoon

Retired-PaulE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi bigsky, 

Your Sure Signal updated with us in the early hours of this morning - is this working for you now? 

I've pushed through another resynch just to be sure, can you reset your unit if it's still not working and see if that fixes it?

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.
  • Once all lights display release the reset button.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

Paul 

Paul

Carried out instructions as above.  Still not worked.  My wife has now arrived home and neither of her phones have a signal. I will go into the store in manchester tomorrow and they might be able to check my sim but it might be time to purchase another sure signal box. I might take it with me in case they have a way of checking.

Thanks for the help I will update re the outcome.

thanks again

Well this becomes more intriguing as the days go by. My wife came home friday and neither of her phones worked on the sure signal.  They were working elsewhere. On saturday I went to the vodafone shop in manchester and the member of staff Joel was very helpful.  he checked my phone and decided that I needed a new sim card.  That was done and my phone at least picked up a signal in the city after that.  After some thought and discussion I also bought a new sure signal (£100). Once back home I first reconnected the old sure signal to see if the new sim card resolved everything.  Not the case, none of our phones worked.   The phone worked when I went out so at least the card and phone worked. Although the signal was a little intermittent which in that area it is usually fine. I then set up the new sure signal on monday morning. Registered it and other users on the site.  My phone did not get a signal.  However having spent the rest of the day out in the fields and garden I returned to find it had received a number of emails and text messages.  It was not connected to wi fi or anything. There was still no signal bars and when I tried to use it I could not get a signal.  So is it the phone? Well I dug out my previous phone (blackberry 9500).  It works and has continued to do so since monday morning.  So is it the phone, it looks like it but then it looks as though it was the sim or it was the sure signal.  It seems that either I have been unlucky in that all these things have happened or one has caused the other. Will contiue to use the old phone till mid may when I can upgrade. What will add is that vodafone staff have been fantastic in trying to help.  I do not when I first got my first phone but it was a big NEC and I have been with vodafone all the time perhaps 20 yrs plus. Thanks for your help.