Ask

Solution

samsung s6 not charging /intermittent

benjamingough19
2: Seeker
Hey guys ,
Got an s6 had it about 3months ,
And today, well its been a nighmare smashed my charger on the floor got 2 new ones thinking my problem was the leads as it has been in the past with so many phones, but would seem its the phone , not the hardware but the software I think
! Genuine samsung software,
Instead of "fast charging " it would open up "gear vr " or pop up wiyh "dock connected" / or cable connected , im pretty sure ive not had the best quality unit since I got it from Vodafone at first when I got it ( first time I put it on charge the phone heated up " this stopped after a week and the camera rattles when I open it , and this charging thing is the last straw im looking for an email adress to email. As by tomorrow ill have a broken phone ( ie flat and incapable of charging )
Any help would be great
5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

After you unfortunately damaged your charger in regards to the new ones to replace that may I ask if you purchased genuine Samsung chargers. 

3rd Party chargers can give varying results. 

Please check the phones ports as dust / lint can affect too.

If all looks fine then as the phone has a 24 month Manufacturers Warranty then I would instigate contact with Samsung Uk Support. They in my opinion know their hardware and software better than a Repair Centre. 

http://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus.html

Samsung Repair Centres. 

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

benjamingough19
well no I Braught or from Vodafone and still hold a contract so vodaphone will email resolving this for me they can talk to samsung because as far as I'm concerned I rent this handset

BandOfBrothers
You can certainly take the phone into a Vodafone store and they'd send it off to one of their repair centres.

You don't "rent" the phone.

Unless your on some sort of business contract that has a lease service.

It's yours after 6 monthly payments have been completed.

You pay Vodafone for your allowances and services.

Current Phone  >

benjamingough19
so what binds me to the contract and why do I have to send the handset Backnow i cancel the servic.. may not be a traditional rentinget but it's the same as finance on the car .. also more to flaw it's not been 6 months and Vodafone supplied the phone so it's on then (warranty I mean )

Hi

After the initial 14 days cooling off period a person is then locked into the contract term. You are paying for Vodafones services and the allowances in your tariff. 

If a person is over the cooling off period of 14 days and wishes to cancel then their will be a cancellation fee. The Early Termination Fee is the total amount of line rental outstanding for the remainder of the contract, without VAT, and less a 2% rebate.

This figure will be calculated on the price prior to any discounts.

You can confirm the exact figure by calling 191.

The Hardware ie phone is supplied as a perk of opening up a contract.

The manufacturing warranty covers the phone for any eligible issues that may arise through that term. 

Any non eligible issues such as drops or water damage as examples are not covered by the manufacturer warranty and a person would have to seek redress through any outside insurance policy if they have one. 

Current Phone  >