Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

why does it cost so much for repairs!

CarolineMurray
3: Seeker
why does it cost so much for repairs! i bought my sons the huawei g510 for xmas and gave them it early as sales assistant activated voucher my son fell smashed his screen within twelve hours i spoke to vodafone live who said take it back i took it back to shop sales assistant said it would cost me £65 to fix the phone was only £100 +£20 freedom freebie pack so its gonna cost me two thirds of the price of the phone to be repaired this is ridiculous!!!. Why??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Because you have to pay for the spares (which aren't cheap) and the labour charges for someone to dismantle the phone and put the new screen in and test it.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

30 REPLIES 30

@CarolineMurray wrote:
i still dont agree with the high repair bill ive been a loyal customer to vodafone for alot of years but doubt il be much longer

Let me see if I understand your logic.  Your son broke his phone.  Because it is broken it needs to be repaired.  You're not happy with Vodafone charging you for the damage that your son did so you are threatening to leave Vodafone?  £65 to repair a screen isn't a huge amount to repair a screen - if I were to drop my S4 it would cost in the region of £150 or so.

Yes, labour charges are high as you need to ensure that they have qualified staff who can correct repair devices according to the manufacturers specification. If you aren't happy, you don't have to pay them.  Get the phone back and don't have it repaired.  Alternatively, get the spares and do it yourself - you will see just what a mission replacing the screen is and perhaps then you will understand why it costs so much.

PWIAC

hrym
17: Community Champion

I sometimes amuse myself by looking at those helpful internet videos on how to put a new battery into a iPhone.  Ain't going there, no way.  What I mean is, yes, the screen may only be a tenner, but the clever stuff is sticking it in.

Let me get this right, if I reverse into a tree, Renault should give me a new car, yes?

jeffkinn
And a new tree!

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

hrym

@jeffkinn wrote:
And a new tree!

With a partridge in it. Forgot that.

drey_p

@hrym wrote:

Let me get this right, if I reverse into a tree, Renault should give me a new car, yes?

And you are never going buy another Renault again if they don't.....

PWIAC

hrym

@drey_p wrote:

@hrym wrote:

And you are never going buy another Renault again if they don't.....

Dammit.  I'll have to learn a whole new control layout.  It'll be IOS7 all over again.  (Not that I have an iPhone).

CarolineMurray
Check what i posted at the top!!. Why so high not that they should pay!. was not my sons fault it was an accident where he fell, but if the store didnt activate the voucher in the first place he wouldnt even have the phone yet. No before you ask i did not ask them to activate the voucher, £65 may not be a large amount to you but it is to me brand new phone no good for £65 i might as well buy a new phone rip straight off!!!. Might be better trying to fix it myself

jeffkinn
While everyone is sympathetic, Vodafone is not responsible for the accident and, not being a charity, there is no reason whatsoever for them to pay for the repair on your behalf. No network would.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

CarolineMurray
My son did not break his phone it was an accident which i spoke to vodafone livechat about they told me to take it back my question was why so highly priced!! £65 may not seem alot to you but it sure is to me!! for a phone that is 12hrs old the guys who are fix it are experts so really it wouldnt be that hard to them nor take that long

jeffkinn
You are making statements and assumptions that have no relationship to reality. The experts that fix broken screen don't work for nothing any more than you would. Pay up or buy a new phone - those are the choices. Continually arguing that your 'accident' somehow moves the responsibility from you to Vodafone is a fantasy.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png