Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

0 stage install - already have an active ONT

jamsterdm
10: Established

So I was getting an install from a company called lightspeed, it appears to have gone a bit Pete tong.

I was previously with talk talk who have now disconnected me... my openreach ONT still has a solid FON light... 

I know Vodafone use Siegel/halo to sell Vodafone broadband, can someone actually advise me how long an activation would take for me? Is it still gonna be the 2 weeks. 

I'm desperate for internet basically 😂😂 still can't understand why talktalk can't reconnect me when they made the error of disconnecting me early but they tell me the cease order has completed so nothing they can do. 

7 REPLIES 7

jamsterdm

Vodafone admin/broadband gurus where you atttttt

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@jamsterdm  May ask where you are? "Siegel" operate in Singapore and if you mis-typed and meant "Siegem" that is in Germany.

I'm in the UK, curse of predictive text and non proof reading I'm afraid. 

I actually meant Siebel, which is a system Vodafone use. 

Cynric

@jamsterdm Ah well, I don't think that it matters which CRM Vodafone use. It's more a case of which metaphysical era their office is currently located 😁 

You will see a number of posts here about installations running late, but to be fair, the ones that go according to plan do not get reported. This is also true of other ISPs, so in the end it's a bit of a lottery. 

Yeah, people post the worst but wins are never shouted about. 

I just figured Id ask, as I already have the openreach stuff installed just need a provider and a chat with an openreach man outside alluded that as everything was already there an install should be quicker than a 'fresh install' 

Jayach

I've never heard of Siebel. (and google hasn't been much help)

As for full fibre installations, as far as I know Vodafone only use Openreach or CityFibre. (CityFibre seems to be used in preference to Openreach where both are available)

Yes if a new ISP takes over an existing FF line, it should just be a logical change, I don't thing any physical intervention is required, (but I could be wrong) so it should be a fairly quick process.

Jayach

Just looked up Lightspeed, they appear to be an Altnet, so will need to install their own physical fibre. I don't think they will be able to use OpenReach.