Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Home broadband renewal. Help

merakogie
1: Seeker

Hi

I live in a house with a friend, we had vodafone internet connection at home until a week ago. I assume the contract expired or the bill has been unpaid, which my friend is responsible for. Right now he is outside of UK on a holiday. I was wondering how I can restore internet connection myself as I really need it? Because my friend seems to be unable to do it (apparently he is unable to contact Vodafone support from his current non UK phone number). He gave me his card information to use it during Vodafone support call in order to make a payment for the internet. I have a bad phone anxiety, but I still called the support, however they were unable to answer (???). I am guessing their support does not work 24/7 ? So I will have to call them during day time. Will they be able to restore the internet connection just with the card info? I don't have access to the Vodafone account. Will it be suspicious and unreasonable to tell the Vodafone support that I am calling on my friend's (household member's) behalf ? What option do I have? My friend must log in the vodafone account on the website and make a payment there or how?

1 REPLY 1

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @merakogie 🙂 I understand how important it is to stay connected and that the account holder being overseas has put you in an awkward situation. 

Anyone can make a payment to an account as long as they know the account number and the amount they want to pay. Unless you're a named user, the agents over the phone wouldn't be able to discuss anything with you in regards to the account or the balance - this includes lifting any restrictions, though this usually is an automated process.  

The account holder could make the payment online themselves via their My Vodafone account or app, or by calling our international contact number +44 7836 191 191 - they could also speak to us via live chat