cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How long did Vodafone take to set up Broadband/WiFi in your house for the first time?

eden2
2: Seeker

So I got a new house in Dublin. The old owners left, and we got Vodafone broadband as a new customer (we have Vodafone in our other home, but for this house we are a new customer). We ordered it yesterday, and they said it can take up to 15 working days for them to send someone down to fix the wires/setup the modem etc, but maybe we can expect them next Friday.

For me, I need the internet for college and part time work so I’m relying on 4G at the moment which isn’t ideal. I was wondering how long it took you guys to get setup with Vodafone? Hopefully these replies help me gauge how long I’ll have to suffer for.

9 REPLIES 9

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@eden2  Bit of a problem here, this is the UK forum and may not know the answer.

Ripshod

CrimsonLiar

All but the oldest or most rural homes in the UK will already have a telephone socket over which an xDSL signal has been able to provide an internet connection.  Using the phone line (xDSL) solution it's usually been the case that they just send you the modem which you plug in yourself.  Then provided they've provisioned everything properly off you go.

If it's FTTP it really depends on how much work needs doing.  My direct neighbours' FTTP took less than 15 minutes as they managed to feed the cable through the conduit to their old master phone socket.  Our FTTP took about 25 minutes as the cable wouldn't go around sharp corners in the conduit, so a new entry hole needed drilling.

I would have assumed that it's pretty much the same in Eire/ROI as in the UK!

Ripshod

Oh dear. Another one! 

karolbags

So I got a new house in Dublin. The old owners left, and we got Vodafone broadband as a new customer (we have Vodafone in our other home, but for this house we are a new customer). We ordered it yesterday, and they said it can take up to 15 working days for them to send someone down to fix the wires/setup the modem etc, but maybe we can expect them next Friday.

For me, I need the internet for college and part time work so I’m relying on 4G at the moment which isn’t ideal. I was wondering how long it took you guys to get setup with Vodafone? Hopefully these replies help me gauge how long I’ll have to suffer for.

Jayach

How odd, another poster had exactly the same query.

How long did Vodafone take to set up Broadband/WiF... - Community home

I suspect one or other of you may be telling us "I got this" shortly.

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

You asked the same question a year ago @karolbags on Reddit here:  Reddit - How long did Vodafone take to set up Broadband/WiFi in your house for the first time? or maybe it was the other guy who had his reply removed from the forum.

Don't even attempt to attach a link, we are catching up with time wasting spammers now.

Jayach

So @karolbags came back with an "I got this" and dodgy link at 12:03 AM. Post reported.

Wonder how long it will be there?

CrimsonLiar

Well, there was this one time at Band Camp....