Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My Vodafone account is not set up

Frenetic
3: Seeker

Hi

I'm waiting for Full Fibre 500 to be activated on 20 February 2024. The email comms from Vodafone indicate My Vodafone customer account is set up and I should use the temporary password given in the email to log in and activate the account. Just also received email comms saying my Direct Debit is set up and to log in to My Vodafone customer account to check.

However, I get an unexpected error and when prompted to enter the PIN for a mobile security code to be sent I enter the code and get a 404 error.

I've had a LiveChat to an agent and it was confirmed that the customer account is ready. But I'm then told I cannot log in to activate the account until after the go live on 20 February.

Is this correct and all the Vodafone email comms are incorrect?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Yes @Frenetic , if you ask the question in the forum search facility you will be able to locate some previous threads explaining your account won't be active and you would be unable to log in until the service was activated.

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

AnnS

Yes @Frenetic , if you ask the question in the forum search facility you will be able to locate some previous threads explaining your account won't be active and you would be unable to log in until the service was activated.

Frenetic

Hi @AnnS good tip about the Search facility.

I didn't expect the Vodafone email comms to be inaccurate. Grateful thanks for confirming that I cannot follow the Vodafone guidance until after go live. I shall be patient!  Everything seems to be ready and I had a text from Openreach indicating they were ready to activate on behalf of Vodafone.

CalSonic

I had the exact same issue. A flurry of emails about installation dates, new direct debits, routres being sent to me. Why on earth would they not state that you cannot log in to your account until the go live date !? It makes for a horrendous user experience. I tried chat for help but alas they wanted my to log in. Thanks to the original post and Google, I can now relax !

The Vodafone comms specifically ask the prospective customer to log in to activate and use your account so I agree that it heralds an unsatisfactory user experience when the new customer sees error messages. The comms urgently need correcting. Now the go live date has passed the login to the account does work ok.

Hi again - my 900MB service went live today, City Fibre installed the line. Took me 40 mins on the phone to actually get Wifi service from the Router. Got that working now but the Booster won't link up. After another 36 mins on the phone I am told that the Booster will start working at midnight or after. Why the hell do they not tell us these things ! Utterly discombobulating logic ! Next job is to get all my hardwired systems talking to my router, ( Which only had two LAN ports ?!)

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@CalSonic wrote:
Got that working now but the Booster won't link up. After another 36 mins on the phone I am told that the Booster will start working at midnight or after. 

I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect that was just to get you off the phone.

Yup I could smell horse ##~## I mile off !

Just to keep this thread on-topic - I trust your Vodafone account is set up and working?

Yes & thanks for checking  ! Finally, my line has hit 900MB (wired) and my Booster is working (<400MB). It was only thanks to this forum that I knew to call up Vodafone and ask for the hub to be "provisioned" from there end. I have now ordered more boosters as I need to run two ethernet cables to my garage and my studio.

Vodafone can definitely take heed of these experiences. I reckoned I have needlessly burned two hours of my time and theirs on the phone.

1. You cannot log onto any Web Account or App until your service goes live (in my case via CityFibre)

2. Your Booster hubs likely won't work straight away. You have to ask for the updates to be pushed at their end. You'll never see the "tile" in the App to add another booster otherwise.

Finally, it looks like the Boosters work best when plugged into an ethernet cable. That's not their purpose but that will give the best results.

Cheers, Cal