Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Res light on first day

candygram4mongo
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Had broadband installed today, the engineer was late, not his fault but annoying because I cancelled an appointment that I could have attended if I’d known he’d be late.

Anyway i was told the red flashing light would stop after 20 mins, after multiple plug it out and back in and resets, i finally phoned up support, who fobbed me off that it should be working in 24 hrs. I was led to believe this was meant to be quick and simple?

I also received a text that my broadband would be active on 6th September (today) by midnight….it’s now 11.55 and STILL no joy.

I get the error no ipv4 address, i need to be back online as i work from home and may lose my job over this. 
can someone help please? Otherwise I will be cancelling as I’m in the 14 day cooling off period and go back to BT , they cost more but at least they were reliable. 
thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@candygram4mongo Which broadband contract are you on? Don't keep unplugging and resetting, it really doesn't help.

If your work is that unsympathetic can you find a temporary WiFi connection such as a cafe or library?

I’m on full fibre 150. The box is a Power hub, Wifi 6 hub. I’ve read the other threads and they don’t fill me with confidence.

What is the router log saying? 

No idea! I could get on it last night and saw the no ipv4 address error, I can’t access it anymore. I get connection timed out now. The 4g on my phone where I’m checking is ok, cos I’m using it to reply to your help. I’ve tried accessing it via chrome and safari.

@candygram4mongo Excuse what may be a daft question, is your pc directly wired to the router? If not, are you able to do so. Make sure the pc network settings are for DHCP and DNS provided by the router. Make sure the network settings are also for both IPv4 and IPv6. Once connected etc reboot the pc and see how it goes.

Nope, don’t own a laptop with an ethernet port. Although there’s a glimmer of hope, because they’re sending an engineer on Monday, so hopefully that will sort it. Thanks for helping guys! You’re all awesome 

@candygram4mongo wrote:
The 4g on my phone where I’m checking is ok, cos I’m using it to reply to your help

The phone will need to be connected to the routers Wi-Fi to be able to log into it.

Let's hope the engineer can cure it, 🤞

WelshPaul

Have a read of the following thread, interestingly they have no ip4 address either:

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Broadband-activation/Meant-to-be-activated-but-still-not-a-week-on/t...