Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrade from Broadband to full fibre failure

lee7771
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have upgraded from copper line broadband to full fibre on Wednesday, and the service is still not working. 

In short i has been a disaster right from the start (short version below) 

Engineer booked to arrive between 8 and 1, get a text at 12.45 to say engineer on his way, engineer arrived at 2 (by this point i had already phoned the install team to rearrange and they would ring me back on Thursday to reconfirm a new date but they had to keep the call open until the engineer closed the call)

1st engineer took a look and said he would have to call someone else and would be back around 3

2nd engineer arrived at 4 (which was unsuitable for me as i was going out ) but we did have a quick chat about location of new box (i wanted it near the current position of my router as i have plenty of power sockets etc ) but due to the way the cable would run it was difficult, Engineer said they would go do another job and come back at 7pm 

2nd engineer arrived back at 7pm and installed the fibre part near enough to the router position, we plugged everything in but no internet, engineer said it should sort itself out by midnight and if not contact vodafone.

Vodafone install team rang me on Thursday (as promised) agreed to call back in the evening (as i was at work) we then ran through some basic checks and was told again it should sort itself out by midnight. 

I have "power cycled" the router a number of times, restarted it through the settings page, Ran diagnostic test and checked the log file, But still no internet this morning. 

The diag check shows connection failed 

lee7771_0-1718347812651.pnglee7771_1-1718347842891.png

and the event logs show failures 

lee7771_2-1718347876619.png

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the issue is here (to me it looks like something has not been setup in the system by vodafone) 

As you can imagine i am very cross as i went from a working broadband using the same equipment to no internet on a fibre connection, couple that with the disaster experience with the installation its not good 

I really dont want to go "through the hoops" with the first line support of resetting the router, waiting 24 hours to then find nothing has changed. 

3 REPLIES 3

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@lee7771 It will take a while for the pictures to be approved.

Ripshod

Your first image shows you connected, so that shows your service has been provisioned. Do you have an ipv4 address on the WAN (in the status pages)?

It's likely Vodafone just missed a button press on their end.

Thanks for the replies, Its all working now, i got through to the tech support, in short the router should have automatically updated some software and firmware when connected to the fibre but for some reason did not, i did a reset on the router and they then sent this again, after the software updates were complete everything started working