Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Antennae on Router

Tomsalmon
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm new to Vodafone Broadband and I'm a little disappointed with the range from the router. I was wondering if it was possible to fit antenne to the device to improve matters?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Anything is possible with enough work, but no it was not designed to have external aerials.

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

Jayach

Anything is possible with enough work, but no it was not designed to have external aerials.

Thanks. Maybe Vodafone will include this feature in future devices.

Jayach

Unlikely, they have just released a new router for the Pro II service, and that doesn't have it.

Best Broadband Deals | Home Broadband | Vodafone

Cynric

It's quite possible to get a good range without external antennae. I often wonder if some are built looking like a hedgehog just for fashion.

CrimsonLiar

Boy, do I wish my Asus GT-AX6000 looked like a hedgehog rather than an OVERSIZED mutant scutter that has escaped the set of Red Dwarf.  Luckily it is out of the way, but honestly, it is the ugliest router I've ever seen!!!

*Not exactly paid promotion, though, for the sake of clarity, my unit was an open box used for product shots (never turned on).  Which is why one week after launch with the help of staff discount, and staff vouchers I managed to pick it up for under £50.  Is it a good router? It's great, but it is also as ugly as all sin!

radumamy
4: Newbie

Hi. If you want to add external antennas, you're best bet will be Andrew MCNeil. He has modified a few ISP routers in the past. I hope this helps. Ta. 

https://youtube.com/@andrewmcneil