Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Belkin Router Setup

Fatbloke75
1: Seeker

Hi there, I have a Belkin F6D4630-4 v2 router and I need to set it up as my vodafone router died last night.

I have the username and password from Vodafone but do not seem to be able to get an internet connection.

The last part of the username is @homebroadband.co.uk but I've read on the forums that people are using @broadband.vodafone.co.uk. Which is it.

I've aslo read that you need to set the VLAN to 101, the belkin unit does not have this feature.

Any help would be appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13

gipjon
16: Advanced member

I don't need the pm to send a message 

Dear Mr Blair can you please explain to workmate mark that you read the thread and then try to help the customer the issue is fatbloke75 is trying to get a router that was made before fibre to work on a fibre network

UPDATE

As the belkin wouldn't work (and we now know why), I connected the dead vodafone router and switched it on (nothing happened) so I left it.

Came home from work the next day and behold... WiFi connection! Go figure.

There's still some minor issues as my laptop keeps finding a 2 connection to the same router and the connection to smartphones isn't reliable but at least we're back to where we were.

Time to look for another ISP me thinks.

Many thaks to everyone who provided input to this thread :Smiling:

PS

I'm interested in how to use the belkin as a booster to the existing router as the signal upstairs is shocking.

gipjon

thats right the router has 2 connections 2.4gb and a 5gb wifi 

if the vodafone router is faulty vodafone will send you a free exchance router but will try and bill you for the post , after you complaint you will get the post cost back 

you can plug the belkin router into the vodafone router using a ethernet cable eg lan port 1 to lan port 1 and use the wifi on the belkin 

Anonymous
Not applicable