Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband Connection Drop

Corina-C
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Unfortunately I am not an engineer, so I will explain this is in simple terms - although I have fiber to the house, my connection keeps dropping. It drops on wifi and ethernet (I have cat5 in all rooms), on the mobile phone and the laptop. I am not sure what diagnosing tools to use, but it drops 3-5 times per day. I have raise some 7 tickets, every time I am being assured it is all fixed. 2 hours later or next day - I have again the same problem. No network connection, or no internet on the network, I am asked to sign in again or reconnect to the router. I have provided all these details to the engineering team and so far there is 0 improvement. I use my phone hotspot for work instead. 

Is there anything else I can do on my side other than take note of the time when this happens?

1 REPLY 1

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

The only thing I can suggest is to check the ONT (The box on the wall the fibre connects to) when it fails and see if the lights are different to normal working and record the change. This should identify if it is the fibre line that is failing or the router.

If you have raised 7 fault calls without resolution, I would definitely raise an official complaint. When you contact them, don't let the system redirect you to the normal support team, make sure to speak to the complaints team.

Complaints Code of Practice | Vodafone UK