Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband drop off

ken55S1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Has anyone found a solution to the bad WiFi drop offs. Does Vodafone let you cancel contracts or does it offer compensation. I'm currently battling with Vodafone tec2 team re this and I'm well fed up by it. Thanks for any advice or help. 

6 REPLIES 6

Jayach
16: Advanced member

The only real answer to WiFi problems is to get your own router and/or mesh.

Assuming your Vodafone router isn't faulty there isn't anything they can do to improve your WiFi other than suggest better positioning of the router.

Anonymous
Not applicable

And assuming that it is a WiFi problem and not a download speed issue (even if your sync rate is stable).

I have just purchased a AMPLIFI mesh system but had to bridge it to the VF router. I have my own broadband problem so can’t report on the mesh but I am considering getting a dray tek vigor 130 modem which is supposed to be a game changer with dropouts virtually never happening. Just need to find out A. If I’m doing the right thing B. If This thing works on VF and C. Wait for my line fault to be sorted 🤬🤬

Jayach

I see you have two threads running. It does sound like you have a line fault from the other one so I would wait to see if that gets resolved.

I have the Vodafone router and never get "drop outs", not since Openreach fixed my line. No modem is going to be able to hold a connection if there is a line fault.

Assuming your line is fixed, using the mesh in AP mode (assuming that is an option) with the Vodafone Hub may be all you need.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, so, the Vigor 130 will work with Superfast 1 & 2 once you have your username and password.  If you are on Gigafast you don't need a modem.

While the Vigor 130 is a great little modem, if there are other issues it can still have the same problems as any other modem would have.

*Vigor 130 >> Asus RT-AC86U (mesh master) >> Asus RT-AC68U (mesh subordinate).

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thank you for reaching out to us @ken55S1 We'd be happy to take a look at the account and provide you with update from the Technical team if we have new information available. Please drop us a message here and we'll help you take a closer look at things. 👍
@Timpson I can see you have a separate thread regarding this, we'll carry on  our conversation over at the other thread.