Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

CityFibre in Highcliffe, Dorset

spotlark
3: Seeker

Dear Community,

I live in Highcliffe (Dorset) in an apartment block. During the last year CityFibre put fibre everywhere in the area and as far as I know, Vodafone will be the local broadband provider on the CityFibre network. 

My problem is that I can seem to upgrade my crappy 50Mbps ADSL (yes, in 2023!) to fibre. I guess this won't be easy because I don't know what strings in need to pull to get the fibre in the building block. 

Can someone give me some advice? Shall I ask the owner of the building or CityFibre or Vodafone?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

Wayleave would be negotiated between the property owner and Cityfibre. It would need to be triggered by an order with an ISP.

Vodafone will be the provider means just that - you can't order til they're ready to provide the service. You'll know when you get the vodafone pamphlets through the door.

You can order for provision of a pre-service connection to be installed, but that can cost anything over £200 and you'll still be waiting for Vodafone to get their shizz together. 

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

Cynric

@spotlark As the property owner as the fibre will have to go through the building and possibly cause issues to all the residents while it is being installed.

"Crappy 50"? Ho-ho some of us are stuck on 50-ish for another two years, at least you have fibre near your home 🙂

spotlark

Yes, I know that moaning about 50Mbps ADSL is sounds like a first world problem but still...

So your suggestion @Cynric is that I need to start with the owner of the building?

Cynric

@spotlark  Yes, I think so, because the installation of the fibre may mean drilling holes or attaching things to the external walls that would need the owner's permission.

Ripshod

Wayleave would be negotiated between the property owner and Cityfibre. It would need to be triggered by an order with an ISP.

Vodafone will be the provider means just that - you can't order til they're ready to provide the service. You'll know when you get the vodafone pamphlets through the door.

You can order for provision of a pre-service connection to be installed, but that can cost anything over £200 and you'll still be waiting for Vodafone to get their shizz together. 

Thanks, fingers crossed then 🤞