Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Confusing contract Emails

TRACY05
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I started a new Broadband contract with Vodafone last November and so far I'm very pleased with the service. However to date I've received  at least 2 emails from Vodafone telling me I should upgrade. The most recent announcing "its time to renew your broadband (my name)".

What's going on? Are Vodafone reneging on the contract I agreed last year? As far as I know, I have a contract until November 2023. What's going on? 

NB. If this is purely marketing upselling, then the ethics are questionable as the statement made is incorrect. It will be time to renew at the end of next year - unless Vodafone are cancelling, in which case Virgin are making a very compelling offer right now.

NB. Ref the new "offer": I am completely against having ALEXA or any other similar device "listening in" at home. The idea of emergency Broadband cover might be of interest, but not using 4G. I can do that myself by making my phone a hotspot. If you made it 5G then I might be interested, otherwise please don’t spam my inbox.

5 REPLIES 5

MarkD

Hey @TRACY05, I can understand why would be confused with these e-mails. If you send our broadband team a message on Twitter or Facebook, they can check your contract dates, e-mails sent and update your marketing preferences if needed. You can find the social media contact details here

misterjohn
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I’m getting these emails too. 
My contract ends in December 2022. It’s now June. I’ve had two or three of the emails.

I also wondered what was going on.

So I asked Tobi. But Tobi (bless him / her) couldn’t get his / her head round the enquiry. And wouldn’t refer me to a person… 

So, if I accept that it’s time to upgrade my broadband, what advantages will I have?

Enhanced wifi coverage across the whole house?  But I only use one room for wifi.

Speed of 67mbps? But that’s what you’ve told me I’m already getting.

Parental controls. No children live here.

Free Norton anti-virus. Not needed.

24-hour surveillance by Alexa? No thanks.

4G backup if the Internet goes down? But I have 5G backup on my smartphone. Or are you saying that I’m likely to lose the connection over an extended period? Really?

For all this, you are offering me a price increase of about £4 a month… and you want to lock me into another 2-year contract. For effectively offering me … nothing of value.

Will I be upgrading? Well, what do you think!?

The more important question these emails raise: will I be renewing?!

Now, that’s quite a question. 
(A hint: I’ve already decided. A wise proverb: those who are dishonest in small things will be dishonest in larger matters).

I couldn't agree more. I think that Vodafone is really weakening the quality of their brand with these confusing and incorrect emails. 

You mentioned Tobi...absolutely useless, I have found myself always having to ask for a human (and I've always got one as a result).

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

You can have Tobi pass you to a human direct here: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd/

Thanks, should be useful for many customers.