Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Connectivity Issue TP Link ER605 - PADI Timeout

JD_84
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I've been having issues with connecting my TP Link ER605 router directly to my ONT Modem for FTTP. The Router has PPPoE capabilities, and I'm assuming that there is some configuration that I'm missing for Vodafone, as I know other people are successfully using these routers with other providers using PPPoE on FTTP. in my logs I get the following errors when it tries to connect:

JD_84_0-1709198510301.png

Which suggests that the Vodafone end is booting the connection, likely to some misconfiguration. My current settings are as follows, minus the full username.

JD_84_1-1709198635117.png

I have tried the VLAN id as 101 and disabled. I cannot set it to 0, although I haven't tried it on VLAN 1 yet, which I might try this evening. I've left IPv6 until I can establish a connection. Also IPTV is turned off for the connection.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

"Authentication failed" because Vodafone have given you the wrong PPPoE details. Try pestering them again. 

View solution in original position

16 REPLIES 16

Ripshod

"Authentication failed" because Vodafone have given you the wrong PPPoE details. Try pestering them again. 

Cynric

@Ripshod  I thought that was going to be the answer. The peer disconnect was a bit of a clue 🤣

Yeah, the peer disconnect was what I thought too, but I'm amazed they gave the wrong credentials twice!

Cynric

@JD_84  Well done. Sometimes you just have to keep knocking until you get the right answer.

I'll see if it keeps working in a few days whilst they attempt to configure my digital voice service. 😳

I think I'll just cancel that aspect of the connection, as I only had the landline for emergencies anyway, and as digital voice service phones wont function in a power cut, it's kind of no use in a full blown emergency now anyway.

Ripshod

This is Vodafone 🤣

I pestered them again 4th time (3rd time didnt count as their system was "down"). This time I received a different set of credentials. These worked. I am now happily connected with my TP Link ER605 using PPPoE, with NO Internet VLAN ID configured. All I have to do now is tidy up the cabling, and remove the Vodafone Router back to it's box and storage.

Out of interest, I did seem to "lock out" my connection, after attempting to connect several times at lunch with the wrong credentials, when I plugged the Vodafone Router back in, even it failed to get an IPv4 address. I wonder if they actually reset up the connection? 🤔