Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Full FIbre 900 v Pro II full fibre

PAISLEY1903
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Aware Pro II does not allow SSID to be split.  Is this the same as Full Fibre 900 ( I will be using own router with this)

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@PAISLEY1903 wrote:

Thank you very much so basically I can simply get my ppoe username and password from live chat. Unplug. Put existing In set up ppoe set VLAN to 911 and can split and rename ssid ?!

If you are on CityFibre, yes. Openreach wont require the VLAN setting.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

Effie

Hey @PAISLEY1903 I hope you are doing well! Splitting the SSIDs is a feature that was removed from the My Vodafone Broadband App and can now only be changed by the Broadband Tech Team. If you give them a call on 0333 304 0191 or drop them a message on LiveChat they can advise you further. 

Thank you.

Would this still apply if I purchased my own router and not used vodafone router 

Cynric

@Effie  I don't suppose that there's any way of asking VF to change their mind? Being able to split the WiFi is something that a lot of customers would find useful.

I have asked the question recently @Cynric because I know that it is a useful feature for customers and the response back was that there are no plans to reintroduce it to the app currently. Unfortunately it does look like this is going to be something that stays with Broadband Tech, at least for the time being. Of course if we get any other updates, we will let you know. 

Jayach

@PAISLEY1903 wrote:

Aware Pro II does not allow SSID to be split.  Is this the same as Full Fibre 900 ( I will be using own router with this)

Thank you.

If you will be using your own router, none of Vodafone's restrictions will apply to you. (but be aware you will lose easy access to the phone service)

The only difference between the standard service and Pro II, is the equipment supplied.

Thank you very much so basically I can simply get my ppoe username and password from live chat. Unplug. Put existing In set up ppoe set VLAN to 911 and can split and rename ssid ?!

Jayach

@PAISLEY1903 wrote:

If you are on CityFibre, yes. Openreach wont require the VLAN setting.