cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Gigafast Pro Questions - Super wifi on other router? Use dongle elsewhere?

Biggkenny
1: Seeker

I just got gigafast pro 900, which comes with a Super wifi booster, and a backup 4g dongle.

I live in a studio apartment, meaning my router has no issue with getting 100% coverage. I was wondering if the super wifi booster can be used on other routers/networks since it's just mesh?

I was also wondering if the 4g backup dongle could be used standalone if I go away somewhere? For example I will be going to my parents house over Christmas. Could I unplug it from my router and use it in my laptop at their house?

1 REPLY 1

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @Biggkenny, thanks for getting in touch! We hope you're enjoying your Gigafast Pro 😊

The boosters require the configuration that we apply to the routers to work, so will not work on another router. With the dongle its designed as a back up so if you choose to use elsewhere, the allowance will not be renewed for you until such time that you have a fault as the 50GB is manually applied. It will work in a laptop with the right drivers, but the allowance wouldn't be renewed if it ran out. The 50GB is applied as an initial allowance in case you have a fault with the service.

I hope that clears everything up 👍