Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I am experiencing issues with my broadband connection

Borney
3: Seeker

Greetings, dear forum members.

I am experiencing issues with my broadband connection.

I am a member of the Vodafone family, and we've had an Internet connection since last month. However, the amount of time I've spent talking to the technical staff is indescribable. Sometimes I even feel like I'm working for Vodafone!

Here’s the problem, which I think might be unsolvable: Next to the router, I have a strong Internet signal, and our speed is as promised in the contract—just over 500 Mbps. But when I go upstairs, the signal drops to two bars, and the Internet speed plummets to 1 Mbps, resulting in a nearly 99.9% slowdown.

With our previous Vodafone contract (before fiber), we had a full home infrastructure with wired Internet boosters on each floor. This time, the engineers assured us we wouldn't have speed or connection issues if they left the router on the windowsill. Despite the old wiring being just 10 inches away, they decided not to connect the new setup to the old one.

After several calls to Vodafone's technical staff, I spoke to a wonderful gentleman who understood my frustration and sent me a Vodafone Internet booster. However, I can't connect it to the router. I followed all the instructions, placed the booster next to the router, and pressed both WPS buttons. The light on the booster flashes white but never turns solid, even after 10 hours. Although the main router interface (192.168.0.1) says the booster is connected, it isn't boosting anything.

I gave up on the booster and decided to fight on. I bought my own router! Before that, I spoke to the Vodafone technician team, who assured me that connecting a new, more powerful router would be straightforward. They said all I needed to do was unplug the old one and connect the new one to the main wire. So, I did just that. Guess what? No signal.

If anyone has read through all of this, please explain what I need to do to connect a new router successfully.

With love, Me

5 REPLIES 5

Ripshod
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Contact vodafone via the following link and ask for your PPPoE login details. Set up a PPPoE session on your router with those details and "Bob's yer uncle".

https://vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd 

Borney

Thank you sir ❤️

addyrazz
4: Newbie

Check if you have an email with the PPPoE login details, I was sent an email with everything I needed to connect a DECO XE75 and was very straight forward.

What router did you purchase?

This is my plan for tonight: PPPoE 🌼 😀 

I get TP-Link AX5400 (Archer AX73) 

All up and running?