Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Intermittent WiFi connection

Cerijones216
1: Seeker

I have suddenly over the last couple of weeks had a significant problem everyday with intermittent WiFi resulting in web pages not loading until refreshed several times (some accessed via VPN not loading at all) as well as TV devices dropping out. I have my modrm connected to a mesh WiFi using eero routers and this is happening despite me being wired into one of these on my work laptop. Vodafone did a bunch of tests their end but nothing has changed. 

What do you recommend? 

2 REPLIES 2

gipjon
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

First thing I would try is swap the DNS settings in the router to one of the below . 

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are using windows, then "no internet connection" may mean just that, even though your connection to the local network is fine.

I'd probably be thinking if ABSOLUTELY anything has changed on the network, no matter how small, insignificant, or stupid it may seem - such as my Samsung TV insisting on the Bonjour name 'localhost'!

If you are permanently using a VPN connection, then try turning it off, to see if that has any effect.

Check the logs on the modem - if it's a HG612V3b, see how hot it's running and possibly try running the DSLStats program to monitor it.

Also things can go wrong, so if you have a 3 station Eero mesh, then try removing one of the nodes to see if that fixes the problem.  Or even horror of horrors, try using the VF modem/router for a short period!

Keep us updated!