Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Ipv6 xbox

Storrietime
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

so the router has ipv6 active I have a static ip adress, how do I set up the ipv6 connection so my xbox connects tha way. 

I know its active but I cant figure out how to connect. Any help would be great,

6 REPLIES 6

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Vodafone isn't using IPv6 (yet). When you say you have a static I address, do you mean Vodafone have given you one or do you mean you have set the Xbox to a static address on your lan?

I contacted vodaphone told them what I wanted to do and the guy said you need a static ip address for ipv6 I will apply that now for you, so he did, then said I'll get an email about how to set it up, but I didn't get that.

The ipv6 is definitely on I can see it in my router settings 

Jayach

@Storrietime wrote:

The router does IPv6, as probably do your devices, but Vodafone doesn't (as far as I know) What does this site say: IPv6 test - IPv6/4 connectivity and speed test (ipv6-test.com)

If you tells us what you want to do, perhaps we can help.

@Jayach wrote:

@Storrietime wrote:

The router does IPv6, as probably do your devices, but Vodafone doesn't (as far as I know) What does this site say: IPv6 test - IPv6/4 connectivity and speed test (ipv6-test.com)

If you tells us what you want to do, perhaps we can help.

That test shows not supported, then why would the age t say it would work and I needed a static ip.... do they even know what they are dojng

Jayach

@Storrietime wrote:

That test shows not supported, then why would the age t say it would work and I needed a static ip.... do they even know what they are dojng

You still haven't told us what you are trying to achieve.

I suspect you want to run a game server, and for that a static IP is preferable, it just doesn't need to be an IPv6 one.

I shall refrain from giving my opinion on Vodafone's agents.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So far as I am aware Vodafone still does not support proper IPv6.  All they have implemented in their routers as far as I am aware is Teredo which is there to help you view sites that are hosted IPv6 only!  Teredo does not require you to have static IPv4.  It's not a real end to end IPv4 to IPv6 tunnel and relies on a hidden Vodafone server that those of us who don't use the VF router cannot see/use.

Some of us with our own equipment can use third-party providers such as https://www.tunnelbroker.net/ to get the transitional 6in4 IPv6 implementation (which I have set up).  But, you might not want to use such a service for gaming though as it can add additional delay - depending on your tunnel exit point.