Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mill heat issues pairing to the Ultra hub

DianaK
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have 6 Millheat Wi-Fi radiators are refusing to pair with my business ultra hub which I set up a couple of days ago. Was with BT hub before which worked fine. 
I see via google that someone with an EE router had an issue but I was wondering if anyone managed to sort theirs out or if they have a suggestion as to what I can do. 

4 REPLIES 4

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member

When you've just switched it's often down to settings hanging over from the previous connection.  If the pairing uses an intermediary device (such as a phone) make sure that device is set up on the new network properly.  If it's possible (I don't have the router) try turning off the 5GHz and 6GHz radios, leaving just the 2.4GHz radios on, or for the intermediary device try to use one that allows 2.4GHz access only (you might be able to temporarily block the intermediary device on the 5 & 6 bands using a MAC filter).  It may also come down to needing to fully reset the devices you are trying to connect and retrain them from scratch.

*You are not alone - it's an all too common problem!

Cynric

@DianaK   Without know which of the Mill products you own it's a bit of a guess. Do you know whether the heaters connect on 2.4GHz or 5GHz?

The Mill website FAQ says the following; "If you have a new network or have changed the network name/password on your WiFi system, the device must be reset and set up again. You can add it to the same room/house in the app as before.".

Thank you. I have tried setting them up again. When I am at work tomorrow I am going to give it another go by deleting the app and starting again. The mill heaters are the Generation 2 ones. 

Cynric

@DianaK  I looked at a wall panel manual and it said that the WiFi is 2.4GHz. However there are a lot of products on that site and a model number would help.

There is a possibility that the heaters cannot work with channels 12 and 13 in the 2.4GHz band. If you have the Vodafone THG3000 router it's quite likely that you cannot select the channel number. If you could look at the router settings and confirm which channel it is serving for the 2.4GHz band that may help narrow down the possible answers.