Multiple devices Internet issues

Whistler
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My PC on WiFi shows this: 

Whistler_0-1710403539853.png

My Fire tablet shows this:

Whistler_13-1710403668868.png

At the weekend my granddaughter came over with her Chromebook and had the same thing - connected but no internet.

As you can see from the PC screenshot I do have Internet as my OneDrives are both connected and I can browse *most* sites. Same with my Fire tablet and same with my granddaughter's Chromebook. All of them can browse despite showing no Internet but on the PC at least I know there are some things I cannot do on WiFi that work fine when using a LAN cable - Windows updates for one, play LOTRO for another. I also find that Youtube defaults to 480p, 360p or even 240p - and I am running a RTX4090 wih a 13700k and 64gb so should be able to cope with Youtube! As soon as I connect a LAN cable all of the PC problems go away.

Support are unable to comprehend what I say when I tell them that it is showing no Internet but that I do have Internet although I cannot access some websites. The router has been factory reset (probably 3 or 4 times), rebooted (dozens of times - not by me) and firmware upgraded (allegedly). The City Fibre box has been restarted, the LAN cable linking the City Fibre box to the router has been changed.

Anybody seen this before?

0 REPLIES 0