Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrade from Fiber100 to Fiber200 failed, no internet from 8 days. OMG Vodafone

suresh2024
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Last month I got an email from Vodafone that I am eligible for upgrade from Fiber 100 to Fiber 200. I thought its ok and went for it. But internet gone off on Activation date and since then no internet. I am hearing below excuses. 1. Issue is with CityFiber. 2. Your Fiber200 activation is stuck with ordering. 3. It will take 48 hours 4. It will take 24 more hours after. 5. Then Engineers visit is needed. then no its not needed and remotely it can be done. 6. Latest update is it will take 72 hours mroe so next wednesday, but no guarantee. I asked them to downgrade it to Fiber100 line as it was working, still no use. Now I am left with out internet and cancellation costs me £172 pounds and I wont even get my compensation if I cancel my connection. I do workfrom home usually, but because of this I have to go to office costs me £30 for every day. Son is preparing for A-levels and he does not have internet properly, he is using my broadband. Now I bought 100gb sim for him, but the issue is not all areas got good net work. So I am struggling a lot. 1. My Ring does not work. 2. My Swan security system is offline, cant monitor my home when I am outside. 3. No TV , no Entertainment. I dont know how the compensation of £9+ is worty or comparable. If I got to office it costs me £30 for travel and another £20 for lunch or other snack or coffee and pain of driving to train station and parking. I have lot more to complain. What is the solution for this? Thanks Suresh
13 REPLIES 13

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

Has anyone even suggested a factory reset of your router via the recessed button at the back? When you upgrade your PPPoE login details change, but as we're seeing more often now those details aren't updated on the router before the new service is activated. The factory reset will force re-provisioning, which should update the details on your router. 

I have done the reset of both ONT box and router, I learned those very well in this country, I tried atleast 2 times a day other than engineers advise on calls. Firstly ONT box service light off. Can only see 3 lights on on the ONT box and the router's Internet light has been blinking red from last 8 days.

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic/personal information/inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

WelshPaul

When I updated from fibre 100 to fibre 200 my PPoE details remained the same.

Ripshod

They actually do stay the same, for roughly a week. An upgrade is the same as a new contract, the details should change. It's a Fluke if they don't. 

WelshPaul

Well mine didn't! I use my own router and everything stayed the same. My static IP also remained the same. I'm using an Openreach connection so no idea if that makes a difference?

Ripshod

I'm using a third party router, also on openreach.

You know the saying "ours is not to reason why....."? 

Ripshod

You've reset the ONT? No-one should advise that. The most you should do is power-cycle the ONT, as in "Have you tried turning it off and on again sir?" 

As a last try ONT box reset was advised by the support team after 5 days. for first 5 days I was doing hard power off of ONT and Router + Router reset.

Vodafone has been saying that my Fiber200 is not provisiioned by CityFiber till now. then why did they disconnect my fiber100. and I requested to cancel my Fiber200 now to keep me on Fiber100. but its not working either. I am in a mess. very very disappointed with Vodafone.