Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NETGEAR Nighthawk WiFi 6E Router (RAXE300) | AXE7800

JasonDee
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi I am looking to buy the NETGEAR Nighthawk WiFi 6E Router (RAXE300) | AXE7800 and wondered if it is easy to set up and will work with my fttp Vodafone broadband.

And is it easy to set up. I am not a techy person and I apologize if this  has been asked before 

Thanks 

Jason 

11 REPLIES 11

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

That'll work just fine for you. You only need to contact vodafone via chat and ask for your PPPoE login details.

https://vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd

Bear in mind you'll lose easy access to your landline if you have one. There's a workaround but it's not for the faint-hearted. Have a read of this thread:

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Landline/Landline-phone-with-own-router-on-FTTP/td-p/2709457 

I have those details thanks. Tho I have changed the router I am going to get to the ASUS RT-AX86S (AX5700) which I hope will work with Vodafone gigaspeeds. Hopefully someone might know if it does thanks 

Ripshod

Why give up a wifi 6E router for a wifi 6 router? 

Just price and reviews say better 5ghz coverage. £100 cheaper. Haven't bought anything yet tho. 

I actually went for the Asus axe7800 but whatever I do it won't connect. I can only assume it doesn't work with Vodafone fttp as I have entered all the details I got from Vodafone. Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Jayach

@JasonDee wrote:

I actually went for the Asus axe7800 but whatever I do it won't connect. I can only assume it doesn't work with Vodafone fttp

Very poor assumption, it will definitely work with Vodafone FTTP.  Either Vodafone have given you the wrong PPPoE credentials, or you have got some other setting wrong.

Are you on Openreach or CityFibre and are you using a VLAN setting?

If on Openreach, leave it blank, if CityFibre it's 911.

City fibre but I'm doing it with the app as I don't have a laptop. I do the settings manually and there was 3 parts I put 911 into.

Maybe that's it possibly.

I'll be honest I have no idea what I'm doing 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an ASUS GT-AX11000 set up for Vodafone/City fibre. The User interface will be similar to yours although I use Merlin rather than the ASUS firmware. Here's two screen shots of the settings I use.

1. These are the settings in LAN (IPTV Tab) I believe you have that set right. 

Screenshot 2023-11-03 184930.png

2. Here's the setting in WAN (Internet settings TAB) This is where you enter the  username and password Vodafone should give you. Note the other settings. 

Screenshot 2023-11-03 185818.png

CrimsonLiar

So, first up is Vodafone are great at not giving the full user name - it'll end @Broadband.vodafone.co.uk (not a capital B) and they're also pretty poor at getting the passwords correct - you need to get it in the text and then copy and paste!
At this point I was going to take some screenshots of the app - but I don't think I can safely do that as I'm running the Asus-Merlin Firmware and might have to go through the "Quick Internet Setup" to enter the user ID and the needed VLAN tag!
If you can use the web browser on your phone you only want LAN>IPTV> Select ISP Profile: Manual Setting & Internet VID:911
The other IPTV settings can be left alone - this is touted to be moving to the WAN Connection page with the next big point upgrade of some routers!