cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

guess whos back no seriously vodafone broadband fix the latency issues on your superfast2 fibre

ayoubs220
4: Newbie

still getting ping spikes up to 300ms, like vodafone I don't know what yous have done to my cabinet or your network setup on how you provide connection but Jesus christ I just want stable ping latency and you guys have us going from 10ms when your Internet works for an hour to 300ms the rest of the day like what is happening cant even game in peace and its not like I can cancel this trash connection because its the only thing here at the moment 

4 REPLIES 4

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@ayoubs220 wrote:
 cant even game in peace and its not like I can cancel this trash connection because its the only thing here at the moment 

Surely Vodafone aren't the only provider in your area?

If you've raised a complaint and Vodafone have been unable to cure it you should be given the option to leave penalty free. 

there's another 2 but they are charging £10 more a month without landline and well less garunteed speed its just rubbish no fttp to be seen around here surprisingly but yeah no vodafone are just unable to fix whatever the issue is i cant stress it enough , tried everything to prove its from them but they not fussed because we are getting the advertised down and up speeds lool

Jayach

@ayoubs220 wrote:

there's another 2 but they are charging £10 more a month without landline and well less garunteed speed 

If you are on FTTC, the speed is dependant on the length and quality of the Openreach copper cable to your home, so all ISP's will have almost identical speeds, allowing for slight differences in the router supplied.

Where in the country are you, there must be more than 2 ISP's there?

From memory I believe you said you game for money, so spending a bit more to hopefully get a better connection must be worth it.

im in london i can go sky had before this loads of packet loss left got voda everything good for 3 months then yh now like this , can go 2 other companies but no landline and bit more cost ,it is worth it 100% to leave for the gaming and tournaments  but at the moment i see it as i get locked on another bad plan even when 2 months later maybe fttp shows up like community fibre or hyperoptic as they say their working on cables but dont give a end date , but yeah just have not changed as i dont want to pay the rest of a new fttc contract if they show up in the next 2-3months