Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New Fiber Broadband connection Engineer Visit

RodinLouis
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I had an engineer appointment scheduled for between 13:00 and 18:00 on Thursday 4th August (today). Arrangements had been made to ensure that someone was home all day. I contacted Vodafone representatives via chat to enquire about what was going on as the engineer had not been to my property. I was told different things by the representative including "the engineer is testing your line remotely to repair the fault with your fiber" and "it can take up to 24 hours for the fibre broadband to be active". 

I was asked if this was OK and this is the best resolution to my enquiry. 

A fault was not the issue. My reply was "the best solution was to have an engineer start the installation from the start point in my local area, connect to the outside of my property and install a box inside my house, to which the router is connected.

You CANNOT fault find or activate a service that hasn't even been installed. 

I am totally lost for words as to how I can be told this "fault" and "remote work" as a valid reason. The representative couldn't even confirm or deny that my installation would happen today, seeing as it was 21:40 on 4th August 2022 (installation and activation date). 

I was also told that after 30 days of activation, suitable compensation would be looked at for the inconvenience... I still don't know when or even if its is going to be installed, as "connection was lost". 

If I miss a payment for services provided, I am penalised with being blocked from phone and data and fines with a late payment fee, plus the late payment shows on my credit file. What happens when this kind of situation happens? Is it contract breach? Is it a case of "suck it up buttercup"? I now do not have a broadband provider, as it has been taken over by Vodafone. 

The only compensation I would like is to have the service promised and contracted to, to be provided in a timely manner. 

1 REPLY 1

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I've replied on your other thread, It's not necessary to open more than one.