cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not all devices able to connect to internet following a power cut.

jkelly29
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I had a brief power cut, when the power came back on only my laptop is able to connect to the internet, My phone, Alexa etc cant connect. 

I have 2 solid green lights on my router, I have turned it off and on and unplugged and plugged it back in but still no joy.

This also happened 2 weeks ago (without the power cut) and I spent over 2 hours onto Vodafone chat who after trying all the usual things said my router had to be re configured!! 

Is there a way around this before I have to spend ages onto Vodafone please?

Thank you. 

4 REPLIES 4

MarkD

Hi @jkelly29, is your laptop connected to the router with an Ethernet cable? What's happening when you're trying to connect your other devices? Do you manage to connect but have no internet access, are you unable to see the router on the devices to connect to or are you getting an error when selecting the service to connect to? 

HI, Thanks for replying.

My router has 2 solid green lights. My laptop has connected to it through wifi. I cant get anything else to connect to it though.

my devises can find the network but then come up with a "no Internet connection"  I have tried asking them to forget the network and then trying to join them again but no luck.  (all my smart devices are off line).

I just don't understand how my laptop had got connection and nothing else has.

This did happen 2 weeks ago without a power cut and vodafone managed to sort it. This time they cant help!!

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @jkelly29! In this case, I'd recommend contacting our Social Media team here, they'll be able to access your account and run some tests on your line so we're able to get you up and running as soon as possible 🙂

Thank you,

After a long media conversation I finally persuaded Vodafone to send out a new router instead of waiting for weeks for an engineer (they thought it was a line problem)  New router has done the trick and everything is now working.

😁  

Thanks all for your help on this.