Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PS4 IP Fragmentation

zvonimirdgo
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all. When testing internet connection on my PS4, I receive a message saying " your router may not support IP fragmentation" . I tried both WiFi and LAN. Different MTU settings, different DNS server, turning on/off UPNP, port forwarding, DMZ mode, turning off my router firewall, running PS4 in a bridge mode, but nothing helps. If anyone could help me to fix this I would really appreciate it. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

What problem(s) is this actually causing you? 

Severe lag when playing online games against other users. I used to use Sky broadband, there was no issues with fragmentation and very little issues with online lag in games. I switched to Vodafone hoping that quality of service is better, when compared to Sky, but it's actually worse. In summary, issue with IP fragmentation is causing severe lag when playing online games on PS4. Clearly it's not a problem with my PS4 since it was working fine on Sky broadband. Vodafone should find a solution for this issue since there is multiple users who face same problems. How can you help me to fix the fragmentation issue? Thanks

Cynric

Ripshod

The other is a copy/paste from a year old reddit. Both look dodgy anyway. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/playstation/comments/1143axu/ip_fragmentation/